Ch.1 : The Reckless Boy

Author's POV

In a peaceful Saturday morning, a black car is chasing the motorbike at high speed. This chase breaks the silence of the city. It's the police team that is chasing two criminals. These two criminals are very cunny. Whenever the car almost reaches them, they will have their way to escape. Fortunately, there is no traffic jam and less car at the time. 

After a long rally on road, the motorbike enters a public park. Two polices jump out of the car while the rest of the team wait at another exit. Since it is weekend, the public park is visited by many families. Both of the polices run as fast as they can to catch up with the criminals.

"Hey! Stop you two, bastards!", Mew, the team leader, shouts.

The scene catches visitors' attention. All visitors in the park step aside from their way because the rider is crazy enough to speed up in the midst of crowded. Mew and his deputy, Boat, almost run out of breath. Even with their stamina, they still can't catch up. 

Mew's POV

I gasp for air. These two bastards really won't give up. From afar, I see a young man who doesn't move out of their way. Does he blind or something?

"Hey! Get out of the way!", I shout with the rest of my breath.

Shit! He doesn't move at all. Is he crazy?! Geez... I'll get more problem if he gets hit. I increase my speed. But, that young man suddenly throws some water to them and kicks their motorcycle from left side, making the criminals lost their balance. Those two fall with their faces land perfectly on hard road. My team who is on stand-by immediately runs to them. While they are busy with the criminals, I check on that reckless young man. He fell after kicking the motorcycle.

"Are you okay?"

"I-I'm okay... Thank you...", he keeps his face down.

I help him up. He looks pale. And, his head also is scratched. But, he backs up when he sees me. It makes him stumbling. I chuckle. How can such a grown man be this clumsy? Luckily, my hand is fast enough to catch him. He hisses when he tries to walk. Looks like he sprained his ankle. See? This is exactly why I don't like someone interfering my work. This boy only gives me more problem.

I squat in front of him. "Get on my back!"

"N-no, I-I'm fine...", I sigh.

"GET. ON. MY. BACK!"

"O-okay... T-thank you..."

He is on my back now. I walk to my team. "Are we done?", I ask. Instead of answering me, they only give me strange look.

"I asked, are we done?"

"Yes, Boss!", Mild answers.

"Need some help, phi?", Boat asks me.

"Just watch over those two criminals! After all, you won't be able to carry this giant boy.", we leave the public park with this unknown boy.

"Hey, nong! What is your name?", Mild asks when we are inside our car.

"M-my name i-is Gulf...", he stutters.

Gulf's POV

I regret it now. If I have known it would turn out like this, I wouldn't have kicked that motorcycle. I hate being with strangers. But, I don't have any choices because of this stupid sprained ankle. I pout.

"Nong Gulf, we will bring you to our office and make a report while treating your sprained ankle."

I don't want to talk anymore, so I only nod. I take out my earphone. I use it and close my eyes. In no time, we arrive in front of the police building. Just like how I enter this car, he carries me again. My face is burning when we enter the building. Dozens of pairs of eyes look at us. I really don't comfortable with this.