~37~ mistake

The next morning I dragged myself out of bed brushed my teeth and went to Kouvr and Alex room. I went in and my eyes locked with Nick's as he smiled at me. My heart started to pound really fast but I ignored and sat on the opposite side of the room as him next to Ryland.

"How are you holding up?" Kouvr asked. I gave her a thumbs up and a half smile. "Good tonight the whole house is going to dinner."

"the whole house? Does that mean I have to go?" I asked pointing at myself. Kouvr nodded and sat down on the other side of me. "alright so what time..?"

"like 7." she sighed whipping out her phone she scrolled through tiktok and I leaned my head on her shoulder and watched tiktok with her.

*ding*

*ding*

*ding*

"who is that?" Kouvr asked shifting her position. I shrugged not wanting to check who it was. "check." I pulled my phone out of my sweater pocket and saw I had three instgram DM's. From Noah. I looked up at Kouvr who was looking at my phone with wide eyes.

noahbeck✔️

Gemma I know the last thing you wanna do is talk to me

but please here me out

I wanna talk in person please

---

"what are you going to do?" Kouvr asks as Nick and I are starring at each other. "earth to Gemma."

"I..I don't know" I respond breaking the eye contact between Nick and I. I wanted to here out Noah's side it was just who knew if it would lies. I've only known for like four months and I've grown so attached not clingy just attached. Yes I still had feelings for Noah but I started to question them like why would he kiss one of your best friends and try to hide it. I got up from my seat and went to the kitchen to look for something to eat. I got a bagel and was starting to spread the cream cheese on it when I felt two hands wrap around my waist. I jumped and the hands moved immediately after. I turned around and saw Nick standing behind me. "what are you doing?"

"I was giving you...a hug...?" He answered seeming really confused.

"That's not how friends hug Nick." I snapped turning back to my bagel. He went around the counter and sat on the closet bar stool towards me. I looked up at him and did my best to avoid eye contact with him.

"We're...we're just friends? That's it?"

"Yeah just friends.." I assured him.

"But last night we...-" He whispered but I cut him off.

"I know what we did Nick I was there too." I interrupted. "It was just a heat in the moment type thing it was a mistake it didn't mean anything." He was silent for a while.

"I understand.." He said quietly. "You still like Noah, and It was just a heat in the moment type thing." Nick spoke up

"exactly...And its not going to ruin our friendship right?" I asked holding out my pinky to him. He smiled and locked our pinkies as we both kissed our thumbs.

~NOAH'S POV~

I layed on my bed constantly checking my phone if to see if Gemma replied. But she hadn't she had read the messages and I was refraining from texting her agian because I didn't want her to feel like I was forcing anything on her especially after what I did. It was an immediate regret, the kiss with Dixie but I was to afraid to come forward and tell anyone. Not even my friends.

*ding*

dixie

hey can I come over

sure

see you in an hour 😉

read 12:12pm

----

I opened the front door to the sway gaming house about and hour later and Dixie greeted me with a hug.

"Hi Noah." she exclaimed releasing me from the from the hug. "I bought my bathing suit lets hangout in the pool." I went upstairs and changed into swimming trunks and checked my phone once more.

gemmawest✔️

just txt

I kinda dont wanna see you

that's understandable

remember when you asked me if Jason was the reason I've never been in a relationship

yeah

he's not the full reason

its people like you

people like me? wdym people like me

people that can't say no people that get close to your best friends and kiss them

dixie forced me

no she didn't you had the oppurtunity to say no but you didn't

you don't understand

actaully I do I was forced into some shit I didn't want to do and you know that Noah

maybe dixie was right maybe you are overreacting

whatever im done

*this user blocked you*

---

shit I think to myself. I keep fucking up. I slammed my phone down on the nightstand and raced down the stairs to the pool and dangle my feet in the pool. Dixie pulls herself out the pool and sits next to me.

"Hey are you ok?" She asked rubbing my back with her cold wet soft hand.

"Yeah I'm fine." I shifted my position so she would mover her hand off of me but she didn't.

"If it's about Gemma just forget about her I already told you she's overreacting. Plus you guys weren't even dating." Dixie huffed.

"Yeah no it's not about Gemma." I lied. "I'm just a bit tired.."

"Hey later Thomas invited me and Charli to a dinner later do you wanna come?" Dixie asked putting her head on my shoulder and her wet hair sent chills through my body.

"I don't really think I'm up for that.."

"Come on Noah it'll be fun.. sorta.."

"Ok, I guess I'll go." I gave in.

~AUTHORS NOTE~

Vote, Comment, Follow all that good jazz

Luv u my pretties

💙