Chapter 6: Disloyalty ✓

Voldemort was woken a few hours later by a draft moving over his naked body, coming from an open door. Light footsteps trailed over the smooth and polished wooden boards, and when they reached the fluffy carpet there was no longer any sound, but he knew that the person was coming closer.

Next to him, Harry was letting out soft breaths. The sound of a man deeply asleep and relaxed. One who didn't snore. He was still tucked in under the duvet and only his head could be seen, appearing warm and comfortable.

Voldemort studied his face instead of looking at the intruder who had stopped at the end of his bed. For the first time he really inspected the face of the man who was supposed to be his enemy. He sported hair which was unruly and very messy unlike his own, but they shared the same dark colour. His eyelashes were long and thick enough to be envied by many witches and his rosy lips were looking a bit swollen from the attention he had given them during the night. The eyebrows were bushy and the skin was tan from summer days spent in the sun.

Voldemort had to shut his eyes because Harry looked breathtaking, and it was almost egging him on to lean over and give him a lingering peck on his lips, burying his fingers in the hair and wake him with soft kisses until he saw mesmerizing green eyes settled into a coy look.

"Sir?"

He wiggled away from the passed out body that had been pressed against his own, shifting his weight, and sat up. He turned to the intruder and gave him a bored stare, "Will you pass me my robe Lucius?"

The man had no choice but to follow orders, so he crossed the room to grab the black silk robe, but his stride was stiff and Voldemort didn't miss the way he glared at his feet. He had no doubt that the glare was meant for him, although the blonde would never dare to look at him in that way.

"Is something amiss, Lucius?" His tone was dull, but they both knew he was mocking the other man.

"Of course not my lord..." Sullen. "I see that you have company." The emotional state of the man was too obvious.

He found it amusing.

"Yes, seems that Mr. Potter had a nightmare. He showed up in the middle of the night wanting comfort."

Lucius raised an eyebrow, causing him to snicker.

"Yes, I found it strange too. Finding comfort in me out of all people."

"It's because he doesn't truly know who you are," Lucius snapped, eyes blazing before he realised his mistake and instantly lowered his gaze.

"We have that in common, isn't that correct Malfoy?" He sounded cold. Threatening.

"Of coure my lord."

"Good..."

They fell into silence. Him; dressing himself slowly in a robe and drinking some water while Malfoy swayed nervously from one foot to another, once again glaring at the floor as if he wanted to set it on fire.

He had never truly questioned why Lucius spent so much time with their prisoner on that island, either too busy with more important subjects or happy that his most loyal servant willingly wasted his time on manipulating the child he would need in the future. Now, he wasn't so sure that it had been wise.

"You care for him?"

Lucius froze on the spot.

"I- I- I do."

He hummed as he contemplated it.

"But your loyalty is still towards me and not him?"

"Of course my lord," Malfoy rushed to say.

"In what way?"

Lucius met his gaze, looking confused. "Excuse me?"

"In what way do you care for him?"

"What?"

"Don't be silly Lucius. You're a clever man, surely you must know what that question means." His voice was cooing and affectionate, but underneath the pleasantries there was only ice-cold venom.

Malfoy swallowed anxiously, more pale than usual out of fear, because he knew that Voldemort was close to casting a Crucio when he spoke like that. "Like a son..."

"In that case you lied to me."

Lucius mouth opened and closed with horror, "I wouldn't dare-"

"We both know that you would do anything for your family." He smiled callously, "Even go so far to betray me."

"No, I-"

"Do not lie to me again."

He managed to choke out a quick, "Yes, sir." His silver eyes fitted around the room, going between Harry's shape on the bed and Voldemort's in front of him. At every second he seemed to become more panicky and when he began lifting his wand, it didn't go unnoticed.

"No need for that Malfoy," He spat out. "You would never be able to leave this room before I've ended you."

The man looked close to breaking down in tears when Voldemort lifted his own wand, dangerously directed at his disloyal servant, when a small rustling noise was heard in the silent room.

Harry had begun moving on the bed, rolling over on his back, rubbing his eyes with closed hands and yawning loudly, "...Tom?" The word was barely more than a whisper, drunken and tired. Then a small mumble that none of the two other men could make out, before he was blinking his eyes forcefully to try and wake up.

He looked so adorable that Voldemort grinned, while Lucius' look was filled with sorrow and regret. Likely regretting how he handed over a sweet angel to a wicked devil, or how he had been caught in a lie. The man wasn't usually dumb, but his emotions had clouded his judgment, so since Voldemort now knew that the man's loyalty lied at Potter's feet and not his own, Lucius probably believed that he would do something to both of them.

That wasn't the case.

He had no reason to act already.

"Don't worry. Not yet at least," He whispered icily to the man as he lowered his wand, because it wouldn't go down well if he tortured the man in front of his naive prisoner. With a much warmer and louder voice he spoke to the other person in the room, "Did you sleep well, Dearest?"

He had added the last word simply for shock value, and he knew it had been a great idea when Lucius choked in horror.

Harry smiled happily and turned to Tom, "Yes, it was-" He stopped mid-sentence, blushing fiercely as he saw Lucius. "Hey..."

"Good morning," The blonde said awkwardly while Harry buried himself under the duvet.

"Urgh, this is so embarrassing," Could be heard through the fabric and Voldemort couldn't help himself from snickering.

He turned to Malfoy and dismissed him, "We'll finish our very important conversation later. Tell the house elves to bring breakfast for me and a honored guest, to my bed room."

Harry peaked out from the duvet, face completely red. He observed how Lucius bowed in respect before he rushed out of the room in a speed that Harry had never seen before. He grunted in distress at the sight.

"Does he know?" He asked Tom.

The man smirked, "That I fucked you?"

Harry grimaced, "Do you have to be so crude?"

"Oh, so we can do the act, but it's too much to speak of it?" He laughed, "We didn't discuss about mine and yours love making, but if you want, I can call him back and ask if he knows?"

Harry threw a pillow at the man, "No thanks."

"Your loss," Voldemort said teasingly, mimicking Harry's silliness from earlier.

<><><>

Words: 1268