23 | Boomerang

Hiiiii, my rosy tulips 🌷
This is a fun one. Teehee. Enjoy!

♬ ✥*

Serenity.

It's been two weeks of absolute chaos.

Harry has been driving me insane.

I'm surprised I haven't gone mad and off the rails — yet.

On the upside, I'm still thankful that he hasn't written up the POA, because in a flash I could be back to having Joelle as my investor. It wasn't what I wanted — and deep down inside, I was sure that wasn't what Harry wanted either.

Or at least, I hoped so.

He's also been coming to the site more often to check on how everything has been running. There may or may not have been several visits to see Keon at his firm. Of course, Harry says that it's all about the renovations and nothing more.

Yeah, right.

Damn lies have been spilling out his mouth more than the countless times I've landed flat on my ass in my entire life.

That's other than the fact that I'm already a klutz. The irony fits very well with my job description.

I should've just been named Serenity Clumsy-Ballerina Hayes.

Putting my terrible humour aside, everyone has quietly been complaining about Harry's behaviour and attitude lately. Needless to say, it was obvious that I was also included in that mix. The only difference was that I've been completely silent about it to them — so far.

All I've done was listen to the grumbles, protests, and fussing that was passed on between the workers in whispers. It was getting beyond the point of frustrating.

But, technically it has been irritating me since the day he replied saying he would no longer be my investor.

And then, there's still more, because other than all of that, every single move that the workers make towards me, Mr Snooty takes five before them. All of the conversations have gone through him, and I've practically had no say whatsoever.

Some of the conversations were design related, and sure, Harry knew how I wanted things to look, but he'd still answer them for me. The walls were all put up, the flooring was installed, and the spaces finally started to look like rooms. I loved it. It was the small details, though, that he would take charge on replying to.

What was worse was that even if someone would ask something so simple like, "Hey, can I get you a coffee?" He'd still respond for the both of us.

It was getting on my last nerves.

However, luckily, there were so many times when I didn't let him.

And just to piss Harry off further, I'd always talk back at him, and be extremely kind with everyone else.

I'd also given that man more scowls than I could count; grins and smiles were unlimited to the rest. He hated that. Which is why I'm surprised his teeth haven't — at least, not yet — chipped from how hard he's been clenching them together.

If he did chip a tooth, well, he was going to be the one making the appointment to see the dentist, not me.

And if he wanted to go with him, which I doubt would ever happen, I wasn't a hand-holder. He was an adult and could handle some numbness and drilling. It would also be his fault.

So, until that happened, I was purposefully annoying him in all the ways I could find.

It wasn't because I wanted to be petty or be childish, but because he needed someone to put their foot down — someone that wasn't him. The world didn't revolve around Harry Styles, even if, at times, he thought it did.