46 | The Portrait

Hiii bestiesss!

Sorry for the very late update. My mental state (and physical) state haven't been pretty great lately...so I blame them. BUT I'm better now so yay for that!

Anyhoo, this is another long one (10K) and pretty in depth, so get a snack, you might need it.

It's another full Harry chapter, because it's all about our baby Tiger. I left y'all on a cliff-hanger, so we're continuing where we left off.

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this one, my darling rosy tulips 🌷

♬ ✥*

Harry.

"Harry, baby? Please answer me. Come on, Tiger," her soft, caring voice was heard, and I swore it was an angel. A touch was gentle on my skin as it gently trailed along my hand, arm, cheeks, and forehead. A soft kiss pressed against me, and I began to flutter my eyes open.

Everything was blurry. I could barely see. My heart felt as if someone blinded it with a dark, opaque cloth, refusing to let it see reality before it was smashed to the ground. Sharp pins and needles erupted into my soul, each hitting an emotion I tried to uncover. Every single one hurt more than the next, all of them suffocating me within seconds and hours.

I didn't know how long I was out for, but whatever it was that happened, it was clear that it was too much for my body to handle. There were only a couple of times that I blacked out like this: when I got to a hotel room after dumping Madison that deplorable day, and the one night during the time I lost Serenity — the time I got drunk badly.

That was something that I never told her — and I never planned on doing. She didn't know about my blackouts, and I didn't plan on giving her another reason to worry about me. I worried her enough as it was.

But this unknown event was the third — and I hoped it was the end.

Some people say 'third time's the charm.' Well, that was complete and utter bullshit.

Because it turned out that this time was the worst.

My muscles ached, and my head hurt like a bitch.

"E-Essie?"

"Hi, love," she replied whilst caressing my cheek as her beautiful self came into view. A faint smile crept along my lips at the sight of her. "You gave me quite a scare there."

What happened?

So that's what came to my mind to ask.

"W-what happ—"

I tried to continue, but she hushed me and smiled softly.

"I'll tell you. But first, do you think you can try and stand for me? Can you, pretty?" she asked, and I weakly nodded. Slowly, she aided me to stand, but my knees failed me, causing me to fall back. "That's okay, Tiger. You're okay. I've got you."

My hand held my head, throbbing from the fall as things began to come back to me.

"There was a woman. And, um, she — my — Mateo?"

The nervous look on Serenity's face didn't help to ease how I was feeling. She took her bottom lip between her teeth, trying to keep a hold of the slightest smile as she brought her hand up to caress my cheek.

"It's okay, baby. You're okay. You're safe."

But then I felt that same heart-shattering feeling again. My recent moments flooded back to me, hitting me harder than a freight train travelling full speed.