8 | Beethoven's 5 Secrets

So...I, um, made a trailer. It's after 'a little note.' Check it out if you haven't. Here's a long one for ya!

♬ ✥*

Serenity.

The moment Harry left, I'd scurried off to the showers, knowing that my friend would understand. Of course, he had to make an amusing comment about how wonderful I smelled.

In return, I mentioned that his sweat wasn't entirely flowers and sweet candy. He simply chuckled at my remark, his joyous sounds echoing into the space. It put a smile on my face, reminding me how much I missed my best friend.

"So what company do you have to prepare an audition for?" I asked River while sitting crosslegged on the floor of my studio. He was laid down on his stomach in front of me, his elbows propping his body up slightly.

He remained quiet for a while before a massive grin appeared on his face and said, "Ballet BC."

"Get out of town. You're joking."

"S'the real thing, Ren. So I also want to ask you a favour."

"Let me guess..." I tapped a finger to my chin. "...you want me to help you with the choreography."

"Yes — and I want you to dance it with me." A smile tugged at his lips. "I know you danced with them, and I don't want your name to be associated with mine, but you know we have chemistry. I want to do a pair dance."

"I know. It's one of the best ways you dance."

Riv was an incredible dancer and a phenomenal choreographer — we both were. Some people say that when you dance solo, you showcase every asset you have in your skills and talent; but not River. It was strange, but whenever he danced in pairs, the sun shone emitting every amazing ability he had, was proven in artistry and brought into the greatest masterpiece of a performance.

In my eyes, he was truly one-of-a-kind.

"Exactly. So will you 'elp me?" he asked with pleading eyes.

I only laughed and pushed him slightly before responding, "You know I can't say no to you. Plus, I'd love to actually dance for a purpose."

"Why? You 'aven't done that?" His brows furrowed at my reveal. There were a lot of things that I kept hidden from him because we didn't live in the same city. He was the type of person who worried about his friends and those he loved; I didn't want to be on his mind with that.

"Not really, no." I sighed. "Only just to let out my emotions and to relieve stress. I miss choreographing and showing my dancing to people. I love showcasing what I'm capable of. Which is why I wanted to expand my studio further to a company, but plans changed."

"Why 'ave you been lying to me? You said your studio was doing great."

"I just didn't want you to worry about me, Riv. You looked out for me for years and knowing you, you would've jumped on the next plane to help."

"Okay, yeah, that's true. I get it." He nodded with a truthful expression. "So are you in?"

"Of course I'm in!"

"Ace!" He said with a grin. "So what's the deal with Mr Snooty?"

"Oh, don't mind him. He just woke up on the wrong side of the bed — every day, that is." I chuckled.

He wouldn't leave me alone until I explained more about what was actually happening with it. River was never pushy, but he somehow had some sort of radar that told him when it could be too much. I loved that about him.