PROLOGUE

Lighthouses were previously built somewhere like in the middle of the sea (please note the sarcasm) to guide ships and marine vessels who wander around the dark and foggy night on seas. One would stay there to operate, to give signal in case a vessel would come across while showing the right path to go on. Wondering if it's a difficult task? Yes, actually, more than that to be exact. It technically puts a life into grave danger yet it will be able to save hundreds, thousands, or might be an abnormal quantity of lives. I dunno how the hell it was built my grandpa never told me though.

There were many questions on my head as an innocent kid: what resources did they used? How was it transported and how about the workers? If it was built over a super-giant rock, did they used some sort of cement that dries fast when wet? How was the construction completed if it was surrounded by gigantic waves that splashes around 'em? To sum up, what have they done?

It was like I'm that kind of asking this kind of specific question: how did the Egyptians managed to build towering pyramids having an accurate measurement on every angle when during that time there weren't any measuring materials invented or something else? Funny as it is, but none has responded yet even my grandpa. Yes, it was always about him. If it wasn't for him then I wouldn't have an eye opener up 'til now.

He said it is the guardian of the sea, the light, a warning but also the reason why we exist...

"H-hindi ko po maintindihan lolo."

I still remember he smiled at me on that day saying, "henceforth the rest is our history dear."

Too sad, I can't ask him no more. "Everyone dies," they say.

All I know is it needs a well-built lighthouse: one that could withstand amidst the strong waves and deadly typhoons. A dedicated operator: one that could risk his life saving an ant colony and; a heavy-duty boat that could fight gustiness.

Still, I don't get it.