Chapter 3

Waiki's POV

The weather forecaster wasn't lying when she reported that there will be an eighty-three chance of rainfall by today. To inform you is divided into two parts: west Rocholigh and east Rocholigh. Managed by only one government, same establishments, infrastructures, environment, and people. 

There's no difference except that the eastern part is more populated and western's way more peaceful yet we don't completely share the same culture. So you see, east is where the government's office is and stronger the signal but here in west, we were like specializing more into building buildings and stuffs.

I was expecting for this day to be boring as the usual but nature has failed me, I guess. I love rainy days and gusty winds. Without haste, I immediately wore my sweater, bonnet, jacket, and loosed pants before going downstairs for breakfast with my family composed of seven members (three weren't physically here though). My father works for the government while my mother's currently the secretary of Crozier's. 

I am the youngest among my other four siblings, three has graduated, and the one chose to work here and stay with us. I am currently in suffer under my elders' wicked and inhumane activities, they literally are meant to be suited as best examples for the witch of the west. Luckily, my brother is on a vacation satisfying himself due to the achievements he has done to our previous school.

The moment I saw our dining room, I see none but untidy plates and utensils on the table and disarranged chairs by the floor. Probably they're already done, too excited to go to work and school that they couldn't afford a bit of time to wait for me. Crap! Now I see why they left me, I fell asleep the whole thirty-five minutes on my first subject.

Just chill Waiki, it is just first subject. You can come for the next class and besides, they won't be able to notice you.

I was right. They won't notice me, they are currently grouped in pair like doing some tiresome activity for 's subject. I carefully sat on my designated seat but damn I have to get a partner so old and terrible Mrs. Blaustein will not—

"Tipu you're late get outta here and proceed to the—"

"I am n-not ma'am!" my sudden high pitch tone made everyone stop whatever tasks they are doing and stare at me like I am born having the spotlight.

Mrs. Blaustein stared deeply into my eyes, scrutinizing my every move, but I hope she's going to believe me. I can't be caught off-guard or anxious or... lying. I guess I have to brace myself for whatever bullshit questions she'll be throwing me.

Mrs. Blaustein quirked her mouth sideward, "okay then go find yourself a partner." Turning her back at me I went on.

Thanks God!

Finding a pair for some boring activity is hard to the highest level. I ask someone I didn't know what on earth are we going to do yet the moron ignored me like I'm a trash, the hell?! I asked everyone around the classroom, one that I thought of having no pair but in the end they wouldn't pair up with me. I don't have friends, I am an outcast. If only... if only they knew what it felt like nobody was there, disappearance, and that I could fall and no one would hear. Am I their problem?

Mrs. Blaustein's given time to prepare ended. How the hell am I going to make this through? Unfortunately, no one wants to pair up with me plus I don't have a single clue on what we are going to do for Christ's sake. I sat on my chair disappointed while everyone returned back to their respective seats. She stood up in front delivering some words of wisdom in hope of giving us some strength, she then explained the criteria, the do's and don'ts.