9.Two letdowns for siblings

"Why would you be bunking? " roared my brother as he drove the car towards our house.

"IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY, TODAY " he cried out loud.

If he would have yelled one more time that day, I would have been eternally deaf.

Kris was angry at me beyond measures. Honestly, though, his anger was justified as he took hold of me red-handed entering the school campus when everyone else was moving out. I tried to make up some lame defences which would have worked out for anyone just fine but it didn't for me cause I had zero fluency in delivering my lies.

Luckily, Luke and Raven weren't in the car. They stayed back at school for practice matches. Kris had to practise too but apparently, he thought I would run away with my newfound companions, who he speculated to be some pot headed freaks. For once, he seemed to disregard the fact that I was an introverted and sheepish individual but it wasn't of any benefits to me.

He drove away dropping me in front of our house. Ordering me to go straight to the house or else the consequences would be brutal. I whatsoever had different plans as I adverted my eyes towards the neighbourhood and spotted Lulu Nightshade sitting in her lawn and writhing something in her old torn out notebook

"Lulu" I screamed.

Lulu looked up wide eyes at me.

" Agnes I got scared for a second"

I smiled at her. She then seemed to compose herself.

"I made sandwiches for lunch wanna join us?" she asked.

Lulu Nightshade, a feurogent herself, was a proud owner of a Book Shop. She was a jolly 29-year-old lady, her only regret being never able to attend the senior school .As her father passed away that year itself ,she had to take care of her younger brother Skylar who was barely 5 at that time on her own.

Lulu was also a poet. She never published her work though. I was one of the few people who had the honour to go through her sweet poetry. She often asked me to join her for lunch as she knew I got quite lonely at times when I stayed all alone in the house.

"Sure, why not," I responded.

I jumped over the white fence that separated our houses.

She chuckled." I think I have to renovate those,"

"I will help you out," I told her sheepishly

"The criminal tries to help build the jail," she taunted cracking up a little more.

" Now come on in " Lulu instructed me to follow her as she made her way into her house. She went straight to the kitchen meanwhile I went to the dining table. Where I found a sweet cubby 15-year-old boy, reading a book, while seated in one of the chairs. He was also sipping green tea from a coffee mug.

" Hello Agnes " he smiled as he noticed my presence inside the dining hall.

"HEY THERE ' I gave him a small smile as I made myself comfortable in a nearby chair

" What are you reading Skylar?" I asked him.

Skylar was a book worm. He loved reading a lot. He and Lulu played a big part, in making me love books.

"Just about the fore doers," he replied casually.

"What's that?" I interrogated, confused

" Fore doers stands for ancient fire. This book is about the ancient empire of Kava dynasty. Mostly about Queen Louisiana and her life story "

He smiled at me with enthusiasm.

"You need to read this Agnes, it's incredible. Especially, Queen Louisiana's gift of prophecy made it more intriguing. When we finally find out how she knew about those deaths beforehand..." He continued while my mind drifted off towards the smell of food.

Lulu came in with the chicken sandwiches.

"They look good," I said paying attention to the Sandwiches instead of the matter in hand. Then the word prophecy and death clicked onto my head in the speed of a lightning bolt

"What's the prophecy? " I inquired.

" Aye, did we forget our code? No matter what no spoiling books for anybody" Lulu announced as she seated herself in the chair kept in front of Skylar.

Skylar wanted to continue explaining but instead, he gave me a sorry look. " You can read it after I am finished with it" he reassured me.

" Alright," I told him grabbing a sandwich from the tray.

I thanked Lulu after the wonderful lunch and went away to my house.

I was happy that I reached home before my brothers. However, my mind was not at peace after that day's events. I started thinking about the portrait and the prophecy attached to it.

I knew absolutely nothing about these boys

I knew they weren't lying but I still could not process anything. Also, why did I have this strange attraction to Nick? Today was strange. In the class, all these candles blew off all of a sudden then I came to know that I would die within a month and there was probably no way out. However, two strangers were willing to help me for the sake of what?

Humanity?

The day regardless came to an end as the sun was gone from the horizon. Luke and Kris also came home. As soon as they did I came to know as Kris jabbed the door of my room.

" We need to talk Agnes, come down right now" he yelled.

I knew this one coming. I opened my door shakily minutes later, ready to face my fiend of a brother.

As I went down the stairways I found Kris sitting on the sofa in the living room, his head was in his hand. He looked tired.

" Sit " he demanded as I went into the room.

"What happened at the principal's office," he asked me.

" What office?"

" Didn't Nick take you there" he inquired

Then I recalled.

" No, he didn't. He gave me warming and left" I lied

"You are kidding right. He didn't come to class after that. " kris eyed me sceptically.

" No, I didn't. I became really sad after that so I went away and spent the rest of the school hours outside" I justified my actions.

At this point, kris was speechless. He looked disappointed at me. Luke decided to grace us with his appearance in that very moment.

"Just let it go, Kris, let the girl live a little " he blabbered with a mouth full of candies.

" Says the boy who couldn't last one full minute against that feurogent boy, at today's match"

"How did you know?" Luke appeared surprised.

" Words travel fast dear puke" I butted in.

" Seriously, I have two big letdowns in the name of siblings." Kris signed loudly.
A/N
Thank you
I dedicate this chapter to queenieexxx
. This was only possible for she supported me at a time when I had given up completely.
I will always be indebted to you❤

Devoidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें