Chapter 15: Empty

Start from the beginning

"No."

"Gulf....pleaaaase."

"No."

Bright grabbed Gulf hands in his and fell to the ground. "Please."

"What the.... Dude, get up."

"I'm not getting up until you say yes." Said Bright giving him googly eyes.

Gulf tried to stand his ground against Bright. However soon he began to hear whispers from passerbys as they came and went.

Cursing internally he already knew he had lost. "Fine."

"Dude I owe you one!" Replied bright jumping up happily.

"Yeah...yeah."

---

Gulf wasnt the kind to refuse a friend in need. And although being exhausted had played a part in his refusal.

The main instigator was that fact that he was a bit uncomfortable around Bright's older brother.

He wasnt bad or anything. He was just too touchy. Especially by Gulf's standards. Or anyone's standards really.

The reason Bright helped over in his brother's cafe was because most servers quit claiming sexual harassment.  But Gulf was used to it. After all, Bright's family had always been overly touchy.

I'm the case of Bright's brother, Dean, the level of touchiness was extreme to say the least.

So Gulf made his way towards the cafe. It was pretty close to the college, and thus always busy and full of students.

Swinging the door, he walked towards the counter, waving his hand at Dean who smiled in return.

"Well...well....well....I wonder what my dear brother is busy doing right now..."

" He's got a date."

" Well aren't we lucky having you to save the day." And in one full swoop engulfed Gulf in a bear hug.

Gulf awkwardly returned the long hug. Hitting Dean on his back when it lasted for a bit too long.

"Thats enough, Dean."

"You wanna have something before starting?" Asked dean as he broke the hug.

"No. I'm good."

"Have a seat you're too light for your own good."

"I'm fine." Said Gulf looking down at his body.

Dean patted Gulf's head in affection, lifting his face gently as his finger passed down his hair and onto his cheek.

Gulf didn't resist Dean, he simply looked up at him, his eyes exhausted.

" What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Come on Gulf....yeah?"

"I'm fine Dean. There are customers waiting." Gulf pointed out.

Dean glanced over at the line of customers and nodded to Gulf. He'll just keep an eye on him and asked him later.

"Come on. Let's go. Put on an apron and come help me."

Gulf nodded slightly, grabbing the apron and donning it on.

Meanwhile as Gulf served one customer after the other, a familiar figure walked in.

"Gulf!" Exclaimes Mew's sister.

Gulf turns from serving the customer and makes his way towards Mew's sister.

"Hey. Would you like me to get you anything?" He asks gently smiling at her.