The Launch of Ketsueki

A/N: Hey everyone! I have sort of good news (or maybe it's irrelevant lol)

I've written a decent chunk for three other stories I've been working on, and their fandoms are as followed;
SasuSaku (Highschool AU, tutor x tutee...?)
SasuSaku (Pursuing careers instead of pursuing each other AU)
And finally, a sequel book to this one!

Not exactly sure when I'll start uploading chapters for them, but I just thought you guys may be interested enough to know C:
────────────────────

All Sasori could do was blankly stare at Sakura for the remainder of the evening, that eventually turned into nightfall. 

The moon shined bright in its crescent form that illuminated the dark navy skies. It glimmered into the living room of Kakashi's household that for some odd reason had barely any lights on. Deidara and Sakura sat together on the floor with a candle close to them and a few cushions as they read through the book about flowers, Hidan stared out the window as he sat on the floor a few ways from it, Kakashi sat on the couch as he read his usual Icha Icha book, and Itachi stayed the night at the Uchiha compound.

And then Sasori sat at the small dining table and stared at Sakura with a hollow gaze. 

"The cure has yet to be discovered, Sasori-san."

How could someone's fate be so bitter?

"Is there a way to find the cure?"

He watched as the blonde man shook his head solemnly and his lips pressed hard into a frown. 

"The only way is from an autopsy." 

It was the sole sentence that made him understand everything that was coming from the head psychologist and high ranking T&I member of Konoha. His fingers that curled against the armrest tightened.

"That's why there isn't a cure..... How long do you think she has?"

"At the most, 10 years."

He's come across many bitter lives that were only filled with despair and sorrow, but he'd never come across a situation where he'd truly feel dread swirl in himself from someone else's foreseeable dread. 

"The day I asked Sakura to stay back and speak with me, I revealed to her that she might have a sickness." 

Sasori would have argued with him for making such a poor decision, but to a certain extent, he understood why he told her. If he didn't, she would have killed herself before the sickness could.

He knew exactly what went through Sakura's mind, as did Inoichi; suicide.  

"It's a sickness that slows everything down and shortens the capability of many aspects, including life. The signs of this sickness were very discreet when she first stayed in Konoha, but seeing her now, I could see that the sickness is in her."

"From my understanding, it's a sickness that could develop overtime and usually affects adults more than kids." Sasori added.  

"That's right, but I can't help her without running an official, documented diagnosis."

Glancing down at his feet, his lips tightened. "Can you explain more to me about this sickness, I need to know."

"As you wish."

Sasori tied his brows together. 

From what Inoichi relayed to him, that must've meant that Sakura knew a little bit about her sickness and it was a given that it must've been on her mind a lot. It sickened him, she knew of such dreading information about herself yet never dared to seek the help of simply venting.