6

Sasha kissed her son on the forehead as he walked past her wheeling his suitcase. School had come to an end which meant she had to spend the next two months staring at her kid through a phone screen.

"Do you have your phone?" She asked the excited boy and he nodded frantically. "Use your words." Sasha scolded lightly.

"Yes ma'am." Pharaoh squeaked with happiness. Sasha cried a little before hugging him and watching him walk over to his dad.

She shifted uncomfortably on her feet when she saw her ex-lover walking toward her. His blue eyes racking up and down her body, which made her roll her eyes. Trent had a bad habit of trying to make amends by fucking her, and it never worked. He had never even been in Sasha's house and she'd been living there for a little over two years. When Trent stopped in front of Sasha, his dread locks rolling down his shoulders, the smug fucker folded his arms and smile.

"There's an extra seat you know if you want to come home with me." Sasha frowned at the man and shook her head.

"That chapter is over between us Trent." She said coolly as her mind travelled back to last night. The words that Octavius had said, made her feel so special yet so sad. She felt like an asshole for just walking out on him at the club but this was something she didn't want to nose-dive into.

"Earth to Sasha." Trent said pulling her out of her thoughts about a tall and handsome man. Sasha looked at Trent and then over his shoulder at her son who was looking down at something while sitting in the front seat.

"Take care of our kid. I'll see you in eight weeks." With that the turned and walked into the house closing the door behind her. Sasha leaned against the wooden surface and closed her eyes. She was a prideful woman and she was trying to figure out how to say she was sorry to Octavius without coming off as sarcastic, or uncaring.

Would he even accept it? The thought slipped into her mind making her groan in frustration.

Walking over to her kitchen table she picked up her phone and strolls down to his number. She chewed on her lip nervously as she stared down at the digits. Sasha tapped the number and held the phone up to her ear. It rang, once, twice, three times-

"Sasha?" His deep sultry voice vibrated through the phone. She could almost feel his presence and suddenly she couldn't talk. Why the hell had she called when she knew she wasn't ready to speak? Or was it the sound of his voice that stunned her into silence. A minute ticked by and finally Octavius broke the silence.

"Meet me a De'Villes at seven tonight if you want to talk." He said and then the line went dead. Sasha exhaled the breath she was holding before smiling. She felt stupid for not saying a word, but relief flooded her, but only for a second. Then panic set in. Sasha had never been to De'Villes. It was high class and full of the richest of the rich. Nothing in her closet would due for the night that was to come, so she called the one man who would make sure she stopped the show.

//

"Why did I bring you with me?" Sasha groaned at Matthew handed her yet another dress. She wanted to make sure she was absolutely breath taking and Matthew was the key to that but after trying on eight dresses already, he was proving to be too much help. Lyza had tagged along for reasons Sasha didn't understand or question. They never spent time together, so if her baby sister wanted to, then that's what would happen.

"Ooooo bitch, that red dress is the one." Matthew said as Sasha stepped out the dressing room. The dress came up a few inches above her knees and it fit her like a glove. She smiled over her shoulder at him, as he gave her a devious grin.

"Yeah, I'm taking this one." Sasha said as she bit her lip. Walking back in the dressing room, she changed out of the dress and placed it in the plastic bag it was in. When she walked out the dressing room, Lyza sat beside Matthew looking bored and irritated. Why did she even come?