✿ 1 ✿

Soo Min

"You better leave and never comeback you useless, piece of shit, you're a pain in my life"

My 'mom' yelled at me as I drag my suitcase down the stairs. I clutched to the strap of the bag on my shoulder while my lips quivered, trying to hold back my tears.

I successfully got down to the first floor, my stepdad was sitting on the couch and my half siblings were crying. My stepdad looked at me with a very sad expression on his face.

"Go! Go out! I never want to see you again, You are nothing but an ACCIDENT, I never wanted you in my life!"

My mom shouted, emphasizing the word "accident", yes I was an accident. My mom was raped when she was 16 and I am the product of someone's wrongdoing that's why she always hated me, treated me like stranger. I never felt love and affection from her.

My stepdad was the one who accepted me, she married him and that's when I felt that I was loved, but mom, being the owner of the house, she always forbids him to show even just a small act of kindness towards me.

"I'm sorry sweetie, we'll get over this okay?"

He hugged me and whispered something to my ear that luckily mom didn't notice.

"Call me when you reach the eighth street, I won't let anything happen to you"

I didn't respond so it wouldn't be obvious that I was conversing with him. My emotions were flat, I was already used to trying my best not to cry, I'm actually very good at it.

I opened my arms and hugged my half sister who was sobbing. She was just half of my age and this is all too much for her to comprehend.

"Be tough okay? eonnie is just gonna go and find a place, a place filled with cupcakes and candyfloss, I'll be in a happy place"
"You're gonna come back right?"
"I'm not sure Jiya but we'll see each other again"

My mom shot her dirty look on me and slapped my hand which was wiping my sister's tears.

"She's never coming back Jiya, now leave before I even strangle you to death"

She threatened me as if that's the worst thing that she could do to me. I can't get hurt now, I'm numb, I've been through hatred from my own mother since birth, she even ironed my arm when I was six, just because I cried because I got nothing to eat.

I walked in the sidewalk, cars passing by me while I pull my wheeled- suitcase. No one even dared to stop and offer me a ride, but that was fine, I'm used to being alone anyways.

I know I'm used to being pushed away by my own mom, but the fact that I am now homeless, makes my knees weak and my tears fall. I have no one else to go to, I can't just plainly entrust myself to my step dad, I'm not even his relative.

In the middle of my overthinking and desperate thoughts of being a beggar, my phone rung and it was my step dad, I answered it immediately since I know he's only sneaking a little time behind my mom's back.

"Darling, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to make you stay, but I'm gonna have to give you some instructions real quick okay?"

I stayed silent, pursing my lips to keep me from sobbing.

"Remember the money I gave you last night? We both know this was gonna happen one day right? Did you bring your piggy bank with you?"
"Yes" I answered briefly

"You're gonna have to take a few amount and ride the train, you book a trip to busan okay? And then you go to the address that I am going to send you.."