Chapter 26: Waking Up

Start from the beginning

Bakugo sat on the bed and smiled at me, though I could see a bit of sadness in his eyes. "Your family is on their way. Some of the idiots from school are coming over later as well." Bakugo sighed as he didn't get a response. "The doctor told me you don't remember what happened, do you want to know?" I wondered for a second if I did or not, so I used telepathy to answer him. Could you please tell me? I'm very curious. Bakugo nodded his head and looked down at his hands as he began explaining. "The class as a whole decided to pull a prank on you for some stupid reason so you'd think that we were all going missing one by one. First Four Eyes, then me, then Icy-Hot, then Ponytail. We wanted you to look for us, so we could scare you as we jumped out of our hiding spots. Everybody was going to hide in their closet, but I had to hide in yours since you'd look in my room for me first. The group had pulled us out from our hiding spots, saying they couldn't find where you were. So we decided to split up and look for you. While we were searching, we heard Raccoon Eyes scream so we ran up to the rooftop. She was just staring over the edge with a piece of paper in her hands, but she was completely frozen in fear. When we all looked over the edge, we saw you, laying there, but for some reason, you looked happy, as if the thought of death made you very happy." I looked down at my lap, I couldn't look him in the eyes. I don't remember what happened, but I know what did just by his description. I had jumped off the dorms rooftop.

I heard small sobs from Bakugo, and looked at him to see the rare sight of him crying. I wanted to hold him, but I couldn't move my body, so I just watched as he cried. He moved so he was holding me, but I still couldn't return the favor. I felt tears falling out of my eyes as I watched the person I love more than life itself breaking down before me. Eventually, Bakugo fell asleep with me in his arms as I looked out at the night sky through the window. Just like Bakugo, I could feel myself slowly falling into the grasp of sleep.

~Time Skip~

I was asleep, but I could still hear voices speaking. I knew it wasn't part of some sort of dream, because I don't think I would dream about people talking about me being in a coma. Wait... a coma?! I opened my eyes to see my family, both my biological family and the UA staff, talking to each other. The adults were having a heated argument about what would happen to me when I get discharged, while the younger ones, Ash, Lynn, and Emily, were talking about how much they miss me. I tried to find Bakugo, but he didn't seem to be anywhere in sight. Emily was the first to notice me being awake and yelled my name while jumping on the bed to hug me. All conversation ceased once they noticed I was awake, some of them hugging me telling me how worried they were, others holding my hand as they told me how glad they were that I was awake. I wanted to respond to them, but I was too exhausted to even consider using telepathy. I felt uncomfortable with how many people were in the room, and gave Ashton a look, to which he nodded his head at you. "Guys, I think we should give Abby some room, she did just wake up." Everybody nodded their heads, except for Emily, who pouted in my lap. Ashlynn looked at Emily. "You can stay in here if you want, Emily." Emily smiled brightly and curled into a ball in my lap while everybody else left the room. Ashton stopped at the door and turned towards me. "Your boyfriend stayed with you the whole time you were in your coma. He's definitely a keeper." He smiled at me and closed the door as he left.

Emily slowly fell asleep in my lap as I heard Bakugo open the door with some food in his hand. He sat down in the chair and put down the food on the table next to my bed. He leaned his head on the hospital bed and looked at me in the eyes. He grabbed my hand and put it on his head, while his eyes slowly closed. I tried to move my hand, which was a success, as I started to slowly pet Bakugo's head while he slept. I thought back to what my brother had said earlier. Bakugo was with me the whole time I was in my coma, but how long was that? Nobody has told me how long I was asleep, but I don't think they were planning on telling me anytime soon. Emily slowly began to wake up and smiled at me while she quietly got out of the bed and left the room, leaving Bakugo and I alone. I could hear Bakugo slightly snoring which was the cutest thing to me, but he stopped snoring and started whimpering in his sleep. I felt my eyes widen as I heard his whimpering louder, and he started saying my name, as if begging me for something. He suddenly shot up, and looked around the room, his eyes landing on me last. He sighed in relief and crawled into the bed with me. Bakugo, are you alright? I felt him shake his head at my question. Come here. I want to hold you, but I can't, so cuddling will just have to do. I heard him slightly laugh as he got in the bed and cuddled with me.