Chapter 20: Familiar Scenery?

Warning: This chapter contains foul language, slight violence, a long-ass chapter, and an announcement at the end. (Please read it)

Abby POV

Here I was, chained to a wall glaring the shit out of Shigaraki. He didn't seem affected by it, probably because he knew I was scared, but still. Bakugo is in a chair next to me, but I still couldn't bring myself to look at him. I didn't want him seeing how pathetic I was. If he saw I was weak, I would never be able to look at him again.

Shigaraki was trying to convince both Bakugo and me to join the league. I nearly laughed my ass off when Bakugo told Shigaraki to throw himself into traffic. I held in my laugh because I would be punished for speaking out of turn. I felt uncomfortable being hung on the wall, it was obvious because I kept trying to shift my weight, but I was dangling so it didn't do much of anything.

Shigaraki told Mr. Patchwork to free Bakugo while he released me. This wasn't new, he was trying to make us comfortable and make us feel safe so that we would feel like we would be better off here than anywhere else. He pulled this ploy a bunch of times. I'm surprised he hasn't learned his lesson on what happens when he frees his captives of their restraints. "Remember what happened last time you freed a captive of their chains. They murdered a guard and escaped from you." Shigaraki walked towards me while reaching towards my chains. "You should know better now. There is more powerful people here than just me and Kurogiri now. Kill one of us and everyone will attack you and make sure there is no chance of survival."
He then got really close to my ear. "You'll be a good toy, won't you? Don't want to be punished on your first day back do you?" I tensed up and immediately shook my head. He seemed satisfied with my answer, because he released me of my restraints and let me drop to the ground.

I rubbed my wrist and suddenly heard an explosion. Bakugo had used his quirk and blasted 'father' off Shigaraki's face. I crawled quickly over to him, scared out of my mind. He moved slightly in front of me and took a possessive and protective stance in front of me.

I could still see what was going on, but I was too scared to look. It was deadly quite, which only made the whole situation worse. A silent Shigaraki was far more scary than a rambling one. We knew we were both important to Shigaraki's plan, so we also knew that he wouldn't kill us. The villains knew that Bakugo knew of his importance, but only Shigaraki and Kurogiri knew that I knew exactly the purpose of me being here. I'm there living, breathing punching bag. But I wasn't going to let them attack without fighting back.

They were going to try and knock us out, but it was interrupted by someone knocking on the door saying that a pizza delivery was there. I almost laughed, almost. A few seconds later, All Might smashed his way through the wall and Kamui Woods and Gran Torino captured the villains and made sure nobody tried anything. I swear I could've cried right then and there. We were being saved by the heroes. When All Might started talking to us, I couldn't say anything. I was too scared and I would only end up crying, which was something I wasn't willing to do, at all.

Suddenly, Nomu appeared out of nowhere, and lots of them. I widened my eyes as I saw black sludge enter my vision. I quickly closed my eyes and held my breath so it wouldn't get in my eyes or mouth. I opened my eyes when I heard Bakugo coughing. I started coughing as well because I held my breath too long. I heard a voice apologise to us and nearly puked out any food that might have been in my system. Why couldn't this asshole just leave me alone? "What... the... hell... do... you... want... All... for... One?" Before he could answer, the rest of the league appeared and All for One started acting like a father to Shigaraki.

I grabbed onto Bakugo, and refused to let go of him. He pulled his arm out of my grasp and pulled me in for a side hug. I didn't want to let go, I was too scared to do anything other than grasp Bakugo's clothes like my life depended on it, which it kinda did. I started to calm down a little, but barely. Just enough for me to catch the scents of five other people. My eyes widened as I realized that the scents were Midoriya's, Todoroki's, Momo's, Iida's, and Kirishima's. They came to save us. Now I really was going to cry.