Why is the blond child anywhere near me

Sophie watched as Keefe circled her. His shiny glass orbs overtaking a calculating scan. She raised her eyebrow unimpressed and leaned back as much as she could, trying to pull off a carefree posture. Keefe leaned right up to her face and smiled.

"You think I'm cute" Sophie spluttered and started coughing. Keefe sat back down smugly. Oh, you want to play that way? She smiled right back and reached out her consciousness to Keefe.

Sophie smiled, gleeful with the information she attained. "Your lying" his eyes went wide before going back to their carefree crease.

"I'm an empath, no need to pretend" he propped his legs up while she raised an eyebrow.

"I read your mind" he fell off his chair landing in a heap on the ground. Sophie struggled to keep in her laughter at her idiot kidnapper. Well technically he didn't kidnap her, it was his mom, but he is apart of their group so it's all the same to her.

"How did yo-" he looked down at his bracelet to see it a faint red. "Oh," he looked sheepishly at her before twisting Ruby's 3 times repeatedly. His smirk overtook again as the bracelet now glowed green. "Now you can't read my mind"

True to his word, Sophie couldn't. She squinted at the annoying bracelet as Keefe propped his legs back up. "Cleaver technopath. Word has it you have one of your own. Mind telling me anything about that?"

Sophie rolled her eyes and remained silent. Keefe raised an eyebrow. "If you don't answer, measures will be taken" her eyes widened at the thought of torture and she scooted her chair back. Keefe waved his finger and started to tsk.

"None of that Sophie. You got 3 seconds to answer" Sophie squeezed her eyes shut, bracing her body for the pain sure to come.

"3" she leaned further into her chair.

"2" her hands started to shake.

"1" the world went silent as she waited. She squinted her eyes open to see Keefe eating candy. She frowned and warily relaxed into her chair.

"You want some?" He asked. Sophie felt her growling stomach and nodded.

"Then talk" Sophie opened her mouth then shut it. Keefe rolled his eyes at her and continued to eat his mood candy.

"I-is this the torture?" Keefe raised his eyebrows to his hairline.

"Not painful enough?" He asked.

"No!" Sophie shouted, then cleared her throat. "I just wasn't expecting something so... nice..." Keefe laughed.

"Not all of us are raging monsters ready to eat your hair."

"Eat your hair?"

"Anyway, you either talk or you get no candy." He changed the subject, eating another fistful.

"Tempting, but no" Keefe laughed.

"I like your style foster" he put some candy in her mouth, filling it up with delicious flavors that changed every second. Each time becoming more and more amazing.

"Wow" she muttered and Keefe laughed again.

"You gotta tell me something now foster, I gave you the candy and everything" Sophie's smile was small, but it was there. She enjoyed the talk even if it was while she was currently kidnapped.

"Alright, but only because you were so nice." She cleared her throat and smirked. "I have a pet named iggy, shh don't tell anyone." Keefe laughed.

"Your information will narrow down the search"

"Glad I could help" she wiggled her hands, pulling one out of the bonds, and held it to Keefe and he shook it.