Amiyah continued cutting the vegetables up.

"Okay, you are about to the taste the best thing you have ever had in your life", he said as he got the spoon ready for her.

Amiyah ate the food that was on the spoon and her eyes got wide. "Oh my gosh. This is delicious", Amiyah said.

"Does it need some more seasoning?", he asked.

"No. It's perfect", she said.

"Nah, nothing is perfect...except for you of course", Lamar said.

Amiyah chuckled a little.

"Corny?", he asked.

Amiyah smiled and nodded.

"Yea, you right", Lamar said as he turned off the stove.

Amiyah started putting the vegetables into the pot and started mixing everything up.

Lamar came behind her and started to massage her shoulders, which started to relieve a lot of stress off of Amiyah's shoulders.

"How does that feel?", he asked. "You seem stressed since you got here"

"It feels good", she said.

Lamar continued to do it.

Amiyah loved the way Lamar acted when he was like this. He noticed her moods and addressed them without even being asked, he wasn't selfish and he really care about her. Amiyah started to catch feelings for this side of him which made her want to help him even more with his anger.

Lamar stopped and kissed her cheek. "Continue cooking. I'm going to go upstairs for a second to get something", he said.

"Okay", Amiyah replied.

Lamar left the kitchen and went upstairs.

Amiyah let the food cook as she looked in the living room. She looked at her phone and saw a call from an unknown caller. She knew it was her mom because it was the same number she had been seeing for weeks now. She didn't answer, nor did she call back. She just didn't understand that even if her dad kept her away her mom, how could her mom give up that easily. She was going to talk to her eventually but not now.

Lamar came downstairs with his phone. "Hey, I wanna talk about something", he said.

"Okay", Amiyah said.

"Well..", Lamar said as he sat down and sat Amiyah on his lap. "I realize that I have such a beautiful woman, the woman of my dreams and she has been so patient with me and well...I wanna show her my appreciation"

"By doing what?", Amiyah asked.

"By paying for a weekend of spa time at a nice resort for her and her best friend". Lamar said.

"Really?", Amiyah asked.

"Really", Lamar said. "I owe Bianca too after what I did so..."

Amiyah put her arms around him. "That is so sweet", she said before she kissed him.

Lamar kissed back.

Amiyah pulled away. "Oh my gosh, the food", she said as she got up and ran to the kitchen.

Lamar chuckled and shook his head as he got up. "What I tell you about burning down my house", he said.

"Oh hush", she said with a chuckle.

———————————

The next morning, Amiyah saw Bianca at work of course.

"Wait a minute. You said spa? A weekend of relaxation? For free", Bianca said.

Amiyah nods.

"See, now that is something I'll accept", Bianca said. "There we go Mar, good job"

Amiyah chuckled. "What happened to you not taking anything for him?", Amiyah asked.

"I like to make exceptions", Bianca said before getting on her computer.

Amiyah smiled and shook her head.

"But at least he's actually sorry, so it makes me believe that he actually can't help him actions...but speaking of actions, how has he been", Bianca asked.

"Great, actually", Amiyah said.

"That's good", Bianca said. "But still, keep that guard up. Don't let what he's doing and how he's acting now block that is going on with him deep down inside. He is unpredictable"

"I know that Bianca", Amiyah said.

"You know? Because to me it seems like forgot", Bianca said. "He's not the only guy out there that will treat you right...Dominic is still available ya know"

"I don't want Dominic", Amiyah said.

"Yea, and I don't want a million dollar", Bianca said sarcastically.

"Yea, just me get to work and stop talking", Amiyah said. "Cause females is wildin outchea"

Bianca chuckles.

TO BE CONTINUED....