6 - Sebastian Shaw

Bethany continued to pace in the halls of the CIA facility, Charles would be leaving for Russia soon and she was debating whether she should really go see him or not

Bethany continued to pace in the halls of the CIA facility, Charles would be leaving for Russia soon and she was debating whether she should really go see him or not. He was genuinely disappointed in her the last she saw him, so he probably wouldn't want to see her face at the moment. Her heels dug into the ground at the sound of Charles' door opening, her breathing stopping for a second as he exited his room. Most likely to leave with Moira and Erik. He looked up from the door handle to see Beth staring back at him, his shoulders dropped for a second as he took in her appearance. Charles chose not to read her mind, despite how she desperately tried to make him.

"If you have something to say-" Charles crossed his body so it faced her, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his pants, "Then say it aloud."

"I-" She blinked a few times before walking closer to him, "I'm sorry."

Charles breathed out of his nose, "You do realize that your actions shape what others see in us?"

"Our actions doesn't have anything to do with how they see us." Beth retaliates, "I came to apologize for letting that fiasco happen, not get into an argument."

"I know." Charles looked away from her, "I know and I accept your apology."

"You don't particularly sound accepting at the moment, Charles." Beth crossed her arms over her chest, "I get it, we acted like teenagers for once, but all of us in there-" She pointed in the direction of the room, "We didn't have normal in our lives and honestly, that was the most fun I've had in my life."

"That was destruction, Bethany, not fun."

"Yes, the window broke and the statue now has to be taken out." Beth just wanted to apologize since she knew it upset him, but obviously, he didn't understand, "Two minimal things, honestly, we didn't blow up the entire facility. That was a group of people being around others that understood their struggles. What did you expect to happen?"

"I expected you all to act like adults."

"Oh?" Beth cocked an eyebrow up, she reached out and took hold of his wrist, she recoiled back at all of his college days, "And being an adult includes sleeping with various women?"

Charles was taken aback, he did not know what it felt like to be violated like that, and that was something he had done to others, "That's different, Beth-"

"Different how?" Beth crossed her arms over her chest, "Let me guess, you used your powers to help get into their pants right?"

"Bethany-"

"For heaven's sake, Charles." Beth threw her hands into the air, "Your invisible mutation is the only kind of mutation that should be used? I've never seen Henry happier than being around people who don't look at his feet like it's some deformation. Alex actually laughed because, for the first time, people weren't so terribly afraid to stand around him because he could kill them at any second. Mutant and proud. Sorry, if our pride for our mutations differs from yours."