Chapter 12 - Grover Underwood

Start from the beginning

"So, I have to recount some of the worst times of my life with the flirt fighting" Grover moaned.

"I know, it was so bad" Travis moaned

"It was worse for me as I was best friends with them and on every one of their quests!" Grover yelled "They both had crushes on each other since they were 12. 12! It took them 4 years to get together. And you are not an empath. You can't read their emotions . . . "

Over the next 5 minutes Grover didn't stop ranting about the relationship he had to watch and sense bloom, despite knowing that they liked each other from the beginning.

When Grover paused for breath Thalia quickly intervened and said "Wow, that's a lot of pent up energy"

Grover scoffed, "Please, I can go on for another day about it, and I will" Grover opened his mouth to start talking again, but was quickly stopped by Thalia in born taser (AKA her fingers) shocking his arm. "What's that for?"

"Going on another rant as we don't want to hear about how they got together from my point of view." Thalia complained

"So, who do I get together with?" Percy asked

"We're not saying" Thalia denied

"Fine, so I just need to figure out who Grover is best friends with." Percy said

"Why?" Grover asked

"You told me a few days ago that you had never been to school before me, and you just said that you knew one of the people since your fist school." Percy said, looking proud.

"Since when has Kelp Head been smart?" Nico whispered to Thalia

"Probably a one off" Thalia replied

"No, he just acts a lot dumber than he is. Easier to be underestimated so he can take down enemies quicker" Grover clarified at the looks he got. "What tell me at least someone else got it. Right?"

All he got was silence. "Did any of you realise he came up with all of the plans for New York"

Nico's eyes widened "Not only that but he thought ahead and got me to convince my father to help in New York"

"As well as the plan to get his own father to stop Typhon" Grover added

"And he told everyone where to go for the siege of New York" Thalia finished, her eyes widening

"He was also the one that embarrassed Annabeth so badly that she stopped playing chess" Travis said

"I love chess though" Annabeth protested

"Not after a Son of Poseidon, your mothers rival beats you at chess with only his king remaining and you having all of your pieces left." Conner said

Annabeth frowned "That's not possible"

"Tell that to the Annabeth of the future" Travis said grinning before he paled. "Actually don't. I happen to rather like not getting stabbed for telling the story"

"So, what we can summarise is that Percy's plans are good" Chiron said

Grover snorted. "Good? His plans are so far out of left field that nobody knows what he is coming up with until he has got you were, he wants you. It makes Poseidon vs Athena matches on Capture the Flag very fun to watch and Poseidon and Athena cabins combined impossible to stop."

"How did none of us notice?" Thalia asked

"He's a very good actor" Grover said, while GU nodded, knowing the reason why. Percy flinched at the reason why, though no one other than the two Grover's noticed

"Anyway, what are your titles?" Annabeth asked Grover excited to learn the future of her friend.

"I am Grover Underwood, Lord of the Wild, I helped return Hades' Helm of Darkness and Zeus' Master Bolt, I sailed the Sea of Monsters and helped retrieve the Golden Fleece, I was a part of the quest to rescue Artemis, a guarded the Ophiotaurus back to Olympus. I wandered the labyrinth and found the lost God Pan. I led the Nature Spirits to battle in the Battle of New York and am now a member of the Council of Cloven Elders. Survivor of the Battle of the Labyrinth, Battle of Manhattan and Battle of Camp Half-Blood, veteran of the Second Titan and Giant wars." Grover said.

Everybody was just standing in silence for a minute, absorbing what the timid and nervous satyr would do. After the minute was up the was a loud crash and loud cry of "FOOOOOOD!"

Travis leaned over and said "Yep, Grover's gone into another Food coma," before holding his hand out to his brother

Conner cursed, but handed over the money.

"You were betting on me?" Grover asked incredulously

Travis and Conner both gave a look that said 'Well, duh'

"Why wouldn't we?" Clarisse asked, pocketing some money she got from her boyfriend with her unbroken arm

"You did go into a Food coma after you were made a member of the Council of Cloven Elders" Thalia pocketing the money from her girlfriend.

Meanwhile, Grover just kept on looking horror as he saw more money being passed over from person to person.

"Thank you to you guys that bet that I wouldn't go into a Food coma." Grover thanked

Conner frowned "I didn't bet that"

"Same here" Chris said

"Or here" Reyna added

"It was just on how long it took for you to fall into the Food Coma" Will said, still unhappy about losing the bet to his boyfriend.

Grover just looked on in more disbelief. "Well goodbye to you guys as my friends"

"Come on!" Thalia moaned "You know as well as I do that both Annabeth and Percy would have made the same bet"

"They would have been discreet about the handing over the money though." Grover moaned back, before humphing, causing a couple scattered giggles from a few people.

At that point, a bright light engulfed the area as a dragon emerged, battling against a daughter of Athena.