January 20th, 5:19:45 AM

That night, Dean dreamt that the lower half of his right leg had literally caught on fire. That stupid son of a bitch was throbbing, and something felt sharp for no reason. Dean gave everything he had to not cry out in anguish. It burned and seared and everything he did to try and soothe the pain, including jumping in a pool, did nothing. If anything, it hurt more and more every passing second, and Dean was this close to just freaking amputating his entire goddamn right leg when he woke up.

Breathing hard like he’d ran a marathon, the Winchester realized that, goddamnit, the pain hadn’t stopped. His right leg still hurt as hell. Dean turned that leg over and tenderly touched the spot where it hurt the most, the back of his right knee. Applying even the tiniest piece of pressure on that one spot was gut wrenching, and his eyes watered. Then, he realized what it was. 

Shit, there’s still glass in there! 

Last night, after getting his father to fall asleep on the couch and cleaning up the kitchen, Dean had picked out the visible pieces of glass on the backs of his legs and thighs with tweezers, and then continued to treat it. It had hurt as all out, but when he finished and was limping to bed, he had, come to think of it, felt something weird in the back of his right knee. He had paid no mind to it and had absentmindedly figured it was just a side effect of the glass before. 

There was obviously still a piece of glass that he still had missed because it wasn't visible, jammed into the back of his right knee. 

Dean knew immediately, as he examined the horrifically painful spot of skin, the glass was going to hurt way more removing it than it did going in, and he was going to need stitches. Definitely. 

He slowly attempted to get up and walk towards Sam, Dean figured that although his brother was a future lawyer, not doctor, he was a giant nerd, so what the hell, he probably knew something. He would’ve yelled for Sam, but that would mean waking up his dad, which wouldn’t end good for anyone. But no matter how hard he tried, and at what angle he tried to place his leg in order for him to walk, the pain was too much, and as soon as Dean even did so much as put a hair of his right leg on the floor, he came crashing down with a deafening thud! 

So much for trying not to wake his dad. Dean waited a little for a reaction, and realized from the silence that his dad had probably gotten up early and bolted into the distance, where, no one knew, as he always did. 

Aw what the hell

“SAMMY!!” 

The 17 year old 6’4” giant Winchester came running in as fast as he could. “Dean! What are you doing on the-“

Dean let out a very long breath which, if he did in front of Hazel Grace, would be showing off, and rolled over from laying on his stomach to his back. “Here bitch, just….” he paused and groaned, closing his eyes. The older Winchester finally got the strength to put his arm up and hold it out to his brother. “Just, help me up,” and opening his eyes to see his brother standing in the doorway with his arms crossed, and giving him his classic bitchface, added with a whisper,” please man.”

Sam grasped his older brother’s hand tight and helped him up back on the bed, probably taking pity on him when he heard Dean’s voice crack from pain and his eyes water.  “Jerk,” he shot back, and Dean felt his brother clap his humongous hand on the his back.