Epilogue: 10 years later: December 24th, 5:10:23 PM

"long live

the walls we crashed through

i had the time of my life

fighting dragons with you"

Today was the day.

Anna and her family were finally coming home for the holidays, and they were going to see them at the Christmas party that night that Sam and Jess had hosted at their home. Only a few more hours to go, and Cas was buzzing with excitement. So much, however, that he wouldn't let Dean rest in peace.

"Dean."

"Shut up, Cas," snapped Dean, rolling over and pulling the covers towards him.

He felt a bony finger poke the back of his exposed neck.

"Dean."

"What?" Dean sighed, turning back around to face Cas, almost bumping noses with him because the bed they were sharing wasn't really all that big and Dean's soulmate had the tendency to always hog the space.

Cas's eyes were staring intently at Dean, and it was obvious that he was wide wide awake. Dean sighed again. "What?"

"I was just wondering," said Cas slowly, thoughtful, "why does Goofy stand up while Pluto remains on all fours?"

Dean grabbed his own pillow and smacked Cas with it. "I swear to God, one more stupid question from you and-"

"I mean, they're both dogs!"

"Oh my God!" the Winchester yelled, shoving Cas, and Cas shoved back, and that's when they ended up in a scuffle of sorts. Dean wasn't quite sure what was going on, but he was very much aware of a fistful of Cas's shirt in his fist and Cas thrashing his legs this way and that and went on and on and on and on, sweaty bodies and hissed cursed words and Dean blowing a raspberry in Cas's face when suddenly it all just stopped, a loud thump on the floor ending it all. Dean peered over at Cas's side of the bed when he finally regained his senses, frowning when he failed to see his soulmate. He sat up, looking around.

"Uh...Cas?"

The reply came from on the floor, judging by how muffled it was by probably being squished into the carpet. "I'm down here, asshole," Cas snapped, Dean's line of sight being interrupted by the bed.

Dean laughed as a very disgruntled Cas reappeared, crawling back into the bed beside him.

"Bastard."

"Pain in the ass," Dean shot back, still laughing as he scooted over to make room. "But then again, that's why I love you."

He got a smack on his elbow and the rumble of never-the-less laughter. Cas rested his chin on Dean's head, wrapping his arms around his waist and sighed contently, running his fingers through the green eyed boy's hair.

"You're the one who suggested to take a nap for the party this afternoon anyway," Dean reminded, "so we wouldn't be tired when we stayed up till like...5, cause we haven't seen Anna and Eric and the kids in forever."

"Sleep and wakefulness are human constructions and aren't real," Cas deadpanned, and Dean mentally rolled his eyes, used to his husband's random existential crises that were usually used as an excuse for something. "I am less than a speck in the entire known universe and all of time. Time is a construct of humans. We are all going to die."

"Yeah, yeah, shut up."

Shiba meowed from where she was at their feet, and Dean chuckled, getting up to pet her as she rubbed herself all over the couple's legs. She had gotten fat over the years, big and plump, and it was a surprise that she was still living, as old as she was. Eric had given Dean the pills so he would be immune to his unfortunate Shiba allergy at their wedding, and now, Dean could treat her like he had always wanted to when Cas had first got her. He picked her up as he lay back down next to Cas, and after some walking around, chose Cas's right thigh as her prime spot for sitting and plopped down. Dean grinned the fat orange ball of fur that he had grown fond to over the years.