August 28th, 2:46:09 PM

Kate kept her face straight and professional as Cas had a goddamn mental breakdown in her office.

"I understand what you're feeling, Castiel. But-"

"No you don't!" Cas yelled out through gritted teeth. "You don't understand! No one...no one...understands."

Her face clean and devoid of emotion, Dean had to fight the urge to stab Kate with the pencil that was currently lying on her desk. Her gaze flitted over to him as he tried to calm his soul mate down, holding him and whispering soothing nothings into his ear.

Screw this lady, she can't be more than 2 years older than me. How the hell is she going to catch this stupid rapist?

Cas calmed down a little, enough for Kate to continue talking. "You're going to have to write it all down and talk about it in detail soon enough, Castiel."

Holy shit, does she not get that he's not ready?!

"All in your own time, of course, but soon enough. It's crucial to catching your rapist."

Taking deep breaths and finally sitting up properly in his chair, Cas fidgeted and winced at the sound of "rapist", as Dean literally had to use all his will power not to slap the pretty petite short Indian in front of him. She stood up, and Dean was just about to grab Cas and run the hell out of there when she turned her computer desk around, revealing a picture of a large white ugly chick, blonde with green eyes, a single long braid running down her braid. She looked like a body builder. Her information was listed to the left of her picture. Kate paced the floor in her suit, her black eyes studying the picture as she bit her lip.

"Her name is Agnesse Kolesov," and Cas visibly drew back from the picture of her, starting to hyperventilate almost, the knuckles clutching his chair turning white, "Russian. Surprisingly, her first name means chaste, holy." She smiled for a second at her own joke, and Cas looked miserably up at her until she realized, probably, that it really wasn't the best time, and quickly wiped the smirk off her face. Dean glared at her, then back at the picture.

"She immigrated from Russia when she was 12 and has been living in this area since," Kate continued, "she's 35 years old. She's had 4 illegitimate children so far that she put up for adoption. She's been in jail a few times for shoplifting and mugging, but not too long." Kate grimaced and that was the first time that Dean saw her show compassion for them, looking down on the floor and closing her eyes as Dean, intrigued, leaned closer to the screen to get a better look as Cas shrunk back and squeezed his eyes shut.

Agnesse. That was her name. Such an ugly name. She had freckles all over her face, and had the same color shade of eyes as Dean, which made him shudder. How must've that felt for Cas? To look into the same eyes of his soul mate and...Dean felt a shiver run down his back. Her hair was long and blonde and in a braid, and Dean suddenly understood why Cas was afraid of woman in braids. Her face was scrunched up, in a mean smirk even though this was an old headshot, and Dean remembered Cas mumbling in the middle of the night that he kept on hearing her voice, the low, deep, disgusting growl that he couldn't get out of his head when he made himself go to sleep. She was so revolting, terrible that Dean wanted to scream and shout and spit in her face all at the same time. How dare she? How dare she do something like that to someone he loved?

Dean made a promise to himself right there and then that if-no, not if-when they caught her, he would make her life a living hell.

He turned around to look at Kate, who hadn't said anything in a while, and saw that she was looking down at the ground in respect to them, her hands shaking and her eyes closed, and suddenly, Dean understood her.