1. Life before

*Picture above is Theodora walking in her school*

Theodora's POV

I strode through the halls of my Russian private Academy. Feeling the coldness in my heart i've grown accustomed to.

Its my last day at my 15th Academy. Soon i'll be going to my 16th to finish the second semester of my junior year.

I've traveled around the world attending different schools while following my father, William Robert and his latest case. He's an international Attorney working for the biggest and best companies around the world.

It's always only been the both of us. Though I've never met my mother, my father always said it was better that way. It was obviously a sore spot for him, and since we never spent much time together anyways, it was easier to not talk about.

As I reached the entrance I looked back on the beautiful Academy, it was the 15th time having to say goodbye to a school, and I grew numb to the feeling of sorrow. But still in the back of my mind, I longed for place to be able to call home, a place to grow up in.

I shook my head at the thought, knowing I should be grateful for what I have. I'm almost 17 and have the life many work all there existence for. I lived in a mansion, had a wardrobe most dreamed of, always flew private, went to the best schools, and well you get the point.

I opened the double doors letting the cold Moscow air wrap me up, it always gave me the chills, these winters were no joke.

Sitting perfectly out in the front of the entrance I saw my chauffeur in our black cadillac escalade sitting out front waiting for me.

While entering the cadillac I noticed it wasn't my usual driver it was my father? "Hey dad... I thought we were gonna meet at the house" I exclaimed awkwardly. "No, I finished work early, so I decided to pick you up" he said not making eye contact. I nodded and looked out the window as my father drove away from the academy.

While driving I sat in silence listening to my father on a phone call. It was always business with him, and now was no different. 

I looked out the window observing the snow falling onto the slick roads. Most people drove cautiously, while others sped along the highway. It always irked me that they were so reckless with their driving.

My thoughts were to soon interrupted by my father screaming bloody murder. I whipped my head fast enough to see a car smash into my father's side of the cadillac.

Then it all went black.

Who would have known it would be the last time I saw my father.