Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

Brooklyn's POV:

I walked downstairs behind Ryder. An alpha female always stood right side of her mate. My dad was a strict alpha but my mom could be lenient sometimes. I stepped down and walked to the foyer. My mom had her light brown hair in a top knot and she had on her soft pink pencil skirt and blazer. My dad had his black hair pushed back and a black suit put on. My dad and I looked the same where as my mother and I looked nothing alike.

"Alpha, Luna." I said respectfully. My dad nodded approvingly and my mother stared at him disgustingly.

"Oh come here my girl." She said breaking and my dad stared at her shocked.

"Oh shut up, Emanuel. Our whole life you were showing her how a perfect werewolf couple acts. She is twenty two years old. She knows what to do." She said and my dad sighed pinching his nose.

"How are you, sweetheart?" He smiled rubbing my shoulder.

"I'm alright dad. How was your trip?" I asked.

"Oh the usual. Boring men arguing over land they can't have." My mom laughed. My dad chatted with Ryder when a small voice came.

"Mommy, dad?" My mom looked past me and gasped.

"Who is that?" She asked. I turned as Ella stood wearing her tattered clothes from her procedure.

"Mom, dad this is Ella; she is a snow elf. I found her outside after her p-a-r-e-n-t-s were k-I-l-l-e-d." I said spelling out the words.

"Hello there, sweetheart. What happened to your clothes?" My mom asked.

"She had an allergic reaction to a silver cut on her back and she had to have surgery to get it out." I explained.

"Are you alright?" My mom asked. Ella came over and I lifted her shirt.

"It looks good. Come I will get you dressed." I said taking her hand. I brought her upstairs to her room and went to her closet.

"How are you feeling, sweetie?" I asked.

"Much better. I didn't know she was going to do that." She said. I froze as I pulled out a white cashmere sweater for her.

"What?" I asked coming over and sitting down. She began to get changed.

"Ms. Richards." I froze again and I felt my canines descend.

"Ella did Ms.Richards hurt you?" I asked.

"She said I had an...affininity?" She asked confused.

"An affinity? To what, sweetheart?" I asked.

"She said spirit. But I don't know what that is. She said it wouldn't hurt but it did and then it went away." She explained. Angry tears brimmed my eyes as the thought of someone hurting my little girl- I mean Ella.

Fuck it no I was pissed. The idea of someone hurting my little girl pissed me off.

"Ella, when did this happen?"

"Thursday." She answered sliding on her sweater. I helped her button up her jeans as anger grew within me. I brushed her long pale blonde hair and we walked downstairs together.

"Ryder?" I croaked. Everyone stared at me as I looked towards him.

"Are you alright, Brooklyn?" He asked worriedly. I motioned for him to come here and walked out of the room waiting for him.

"Are you alright? What happened? Did you get the pain in your stomach again?" He demanded.

"Ryder, Emily Richards was the one who hurt her." I said angry as I said each word. He looked shocked.

"What? T-that can't be right..." He said disbelieved.

"Ryder she just told me the whole story upstairs. She said Ms. Richards said she had an affinity for spirit. She hurt her and I swear to God if you don't want to help our daughter then I will do it on my own." I said. He smiled at me.

"Our daughter?" He asked curiously.

"Yes. She is my little girl; and knowing that bitch touched her-" my canines descended again and the gut wrenching pain emerged in my stomach again. I doubled over gripping the side of the wall and he grabbed my arm.

"Are you alright?" He asked holding me up.

"I-I'm fine..." I said breathing heavily. I had no clue what this pain was and it needed to stop.

"We will speak to her tomorrow." He said. Ryder was next in line for the High Alpha which is like the King he had a ton of power and influence. I smiled happily and walked back in to my parents chatting with Ella.