Chapter 52

Chapter 52:

Veronica's POV:

As we performed the ritual for the potion I grinned widely. My name would be in the history books for ending the vampire race. I held out my hands as everyone stared wide eyed. I turned to Ryder and smirked.

"Just wait Ryder in a minute we will be all over your hybrid can kiss his life goodbye and you can say your last words and pray for your daughter." I said happily.

"Uh my lady?" Someone asked. I turned sharply and growled.

"What!?" The court wizard winced at my voice but then pointed to the liquid on the floor.

It hadn't worked.

"What happened?" I hissed.

"I-It didn't work! I don't know why!" He said putting his hands up fearfully. I pinched the bridge of my nose and bent down and touched the liquid.

"It's a fake. Xavier disguised it." I sighed. I turned to Ryder who was near his unconscious mate.

"Where is the real concoction?" I asked yanking him up in the ear.

"Go to hell." He breathed. I smiled as sweet as can be for a demon.

"I have already been there. Now where is the vampire concoction?" I asked again.

"I don't know." He said. I sighed tossing him towards the wall. I turned and was immediately taken down by a crushing force.

Ella's POV:

I went into the pale pink box under my bed and undid the buckle. I opened it up and music started playing as the princess spun in s circle. There nestled into expensive jewellery from my mother was the concoction that Xavier left me. I remembered his words clearly:

----

"Ella I am going to put this in here, ok?" Xavier said pulling out my old pink music box.

"You found it!" I said happily.

"I did. It has some jewellery from your mother. She asked for me to give it to you." He explained opening it to reveal pearls, jets, emeralds, rubies and diamonds galore. He pulled out a tiny vial with purple liquid inside. I stared at the moving liquid intensely.

"This will be a peace offering between our race and the vampires. You must keep it safe, ok?" He said placing his hands over mine.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"I told you it will be a peace offering between us and the vampires. You will be a queen one day you must offer peace." I couldn't really understand what he meant but now I know.

----

When Xavier died the demons took what they thought was the spell. But in all reality...

I had the concoction to annihilate the vampires.