Chapter 38

Chapter 38:

Brooklyn's POV:

"I don't know I'm just really tired lately and I feel sluggish." I said to Lexie at the table. Ryder had Jaxon in his office with him and Andrew was helping Ella with her homework.

"I have never heard of a werewolf getting sick...Are you getting enough sleep?"

"Yea I do and I'm hungry all the time and I just don't feel right you know?" I said getting up and putting my plate in the sink.

"Maybe you're-" Lexie was cut off by the doorbell and I turned back.

"What were you going to say?" I asked.

"Oh, don't worry. We will talk later." She smiled. I smiled back and walked out and opened the door to my mom and dad. They were gone away on a trip and had just come back.

"Hey, how was your trip?" I smiled giving them a hug.

"Boring as usual. Where is my grand daughter and grand son?" She asked happily.

"Nana!" Ella called coming down with Andrew she ran to my mom and hugged her tightly and my mom smiled.

"Hello sweetheart, how are you feeling?" She asked worriedly. She smoothed down her hair and kissed her forehead and my dad hugged her.

"Andrew can you go get Ryder and Jaxon?" I asked.

"Of course, Luna." He responded.

"Jaxon? That is a cute name; baby Jax for short." She smiled.

"See? That is what I said." I laughed. Ryder came out of his office and ended the call on his phone. Jaxon was in his arms wearing a onesie and he was patting Ryder's chest.

"Oh my God...Look at him." My mom gasped taking him from Ryder. Jaxon laughed and began patting her chest too.

"Emanuel look at him." She said sadly. My dad stroked his head as my mom grabbed his feet.

"Look at these little feet. God you are so cute." She said tickling his chest and he giggled slightly.

"Oh my goodness. It has been so long since I held a little baby and I can't wait to hold more." She laughed. As she said that I got a familiar sharp pain in my abdomen. My hand quickly flew to my side and Ryder stared at me cautiously.

"Are you alright?" He whispered lowly in my ear. I forced a smile through the pain.

"I hope so." I said through gritted teeth. He kept a hand on my back and we walked into the living room. As I sat down the pain intensified and Ryder held my hand next to me. Our hands were covered so every time a sharp pain came I squeezed his hand tightly.

My parents chatted away aimlessly while I sat counting down the seconds until I could leave. After two hours of small talk, and gruelling pain they finally stood up.

"We haven't been back to the pack house so we should go." My father said. Jax was sleeping and Ella had left to go play in her room.

"Say hi to everyone for me." I smiled as we stood at the door.

"Oh I was supposed to give you this. It is from Alex." She handed me a cream coloured envelope with our names on it in fancy writing. I opened and stared shocked.

"Alex is getting married? No way!" I said surprised while still keeping a hand on my stomach.

"Yes I know. You guys are growing up too fast. We are just waiting on your wedding." She smiled.

"Yes, the biggest wedding of the realm." My dad smiled proudly.

"Oh, I am so excited." She said winking at Ryder. She kissed my cheek goodbye as did my dad. As soon as they walked out the door and it was shut I dropped to the ground. Ryder bent down next to me.

"Oh my god. My stomach." I said grimacing. Ryder helped me up and guided me to the infirmary.

"What's wrong?" Doc asked.

"The same abdomen pain doc." I said worriedly. Could I be pregnant again that fast? Why was Ryder continuously not using protection!? I glared at him as I laid back down and he stared at me confused.

Doc lifted my shirt and pressed down on my abdomen and I sucked in a sharp breath.

"This could be good or bad depending on what you want right now." he said pulling out the ultrasound. I threw back my head and rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Ryder asked rubbing my arm. I smacked his hand away.

"Start using protection." I growled. Doc laughed lightly as he pressed down on my stomach again.

"Yep. You're pregnant. Good thing we caught it early this time." He smiled.

"How early?" I asked.

"About two months I would say. It looks like the babies are growing nicely." He smiled.

"Babies?" I asked.

"Babies." He confirmed.

"How many babies?" I asked confused.

"Double lined uterus, combined with you being a werewolf and you are really not going to like this." He said sucking in a breath. He covered his mouth and turned to Ryder. Ryder's eyes popped out of his head and he looked at me.

"What? What is it?" I asked. Ruder looked down to my stomach with his eyes still out.

"Tell me." I demanded sitting up and trying to look at the monitor.

"Four." Doc said quickly.

"Four?" I said my voice cracking.

"Four." He confirmed.

"Oh, four? Quads?" I said laughing they both smiled surprised and that's when I fell back onto the bed with my eyes shut.