Chapter 43

Chapter 43:

Brooklyn's POV:

"Brooklyn you need to relax." Doc said as I laid on the bed with a huge monitor wrapped around my stomach; I sighed heavily and shook my head.

"I can't, I know something is wrong."

"Nothing is wrong I assure you. You stress yourself out too much you put yourself and the children at risk." He said walking over and taking Jaxon from my mothers arms. She smiled reassuringly and left to go see my father.

"How are you doing, huh?" He asked lifting Jaxon up. He set him down on the bed beside me and checked out his breathing.

"Sounds good...let us see how much you weigh." He placed him on his back and he kicked out his little legs excitedly.

"Nineteen pounds...you are going to be huge." He said laying him back on the table. He had to give him a needle for the chicken pox. I held onto him as he grabbed the fat on his thigh and lightly stuck it in. The face Jaxon made sent me into tears. His lip curled out and he let out such a sad cry.

"Oh my baby, I know it is so bad." I cooed laying him on a chest as he got a bandaid. He cried sadly as he laid his head down.

"I'm sorry buddy, but now you won't get any human sicknesses." Doc said handing him a small baby cookie that would melt against his little gums.

"Alright, you are on the machine for a while, ok? Let me know if you need anything." He said going around the corner and onto his computer. I hummed lightly and rubbed Jax's back as he mumbled on his cookie. The sound of my heart beat and the heart beats of the babies must have calmed him because he soon drifted off to sleep.

Ryder's POV:

I woke up to a peck at my neck. I looked up and stupid seagulls were pecking at me.

"Fucking birds." I said angrily swiping them away. I sat up against the ground and groaned. My head was throbbing and I was sore and achey.

"Holy shit..." Andrew sighed. Sammy and Joey rolled over and groaned as well. I got up and ran a hand through my rough and dirty hair. I needed a hot shower desperately.

"Are you guys alright?" I asked licking my dry lips. My throat was raspy and I was starving. I knew where we were, getting home would be easy.

"Tired...sore...pissed." Joey said. I nodded and began walking.

"So we have ten days." Andrew began.

"Yep."

"We need to team with the vampires."

"Yep."

"So that they don't take Ella and go to the forbidden city."

"Yep." I said.

We made our way into the clearing and to the pack house.

"You're alright." Emanuel breathed.

"We have a huge problem." I said as we walked inside. I went straight to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"What happened?" He asked.

"The demons, they want to annihilate all the Snow elves and they have the vampire concoction vile that can destroy there race." I frowned.

"Are there more Snow elves?" He asked.

"Apparently in the Forbidden city. Only a Snow elf with an affinity to spirit can open the way."

"And Ella has that affinity." He sighed.

"Yep. She gave us ten days to hand her over." I said shaking my head.

"We will need to contact the king of vampires."

"If he still lives." I shrugged.

"What?" He gasped.

"While we were there the demons attacked I don't know if he still lives." I said looking down.

"Go get cleaned up. We will talk later." He sighed.

"Where is Brooklyn?" I asked.

"Napping." He answered. I went to shower first and I stayed in until the water ran cold. My suit was torn and bloodied so I threw it out. I swear I felt like a girl taking off her bra when I put on my workout shorts and shirt. I looked at the scars on my back from the arrows and growled. I was bruised head to toe.

Brooklyn will be pissed.