Chapter 1: Meet the maids

A/N: Remember this is a remake, however, there may still be parts of the original book that will just be edited and used.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Heartfilias owned acres of land and within 10,000 steps from the mansion stood a rundown shack with some planks of wood splitting in two, there was moss growing on the surface that looked as though termites had made a meal of it. Windows had been boarded up with wooden planks. This was the resting place for the ten maids that worked for the wealthy family. Inside were five mattresses lined up in vertical rows each with two individuals lying in each one with a thin sheet covering each group, but no pillows to lay their heads. Among these slept a petite female with short pink hair. She was twenty years of age only one year older than Lucy Heartfilia but has been with the Heartfilia's the longest.

The old-school traditional windup clock rang boisterously throughout the room, causing the maids to awaken one by one. Clock hands short in length pointed a little past the number three whereas the long hand points to 6, indicating it was 3:30 in the morning.

Annoyed, tiresome groans rumbled throughout the room. One female stretched her arms up over her head. A dangerous act considering the shackles on her wrists that could have slammed into the back of her head as they had done on one occasion. This young woman's name is Virgo, she was the one with the short pink hair that had been presented earlier.

"Mmmgh! Time to get up already! Seems like only an hour we fell asleep!" Another female with short white hair whined whilst rubbing a finger to her eye. Her name was Lisanna beside her was a female with blue hair that was in a spiky fashion. "Uuugh! Time hellishly flies by whenever we sleep." The female known as Levy groaned whilst smothering her face in the palms of her hands.

"Punishment comes quickly." Virgo addressed popping her neck and back.

"Waaah, I don't wanna get up!" Wailed a female with pink hair a little lighter in shade and a different hairstyle than Virgo's who conveniently was her bed partner and the newest addition to the group of maids upon being 'rescued' by the daughter of the Heartfilia's after being chased down by a vicious rabid pit bull. Recalling the memory the young maiden ceased her whines and shyly fiddled with her fingers. "I owe my life to Miss Heartfilia..." Aries inwardly stated making her way towards the shower trailing after other maids that were making their way towards the washroom.

One by one, two by two until all ten women was in the shower crowded up with naked bodies pressed together. This method was needed so that everyone could get a bath without wasting water and had a 20% percent chance that they would least have a lukewarm shower instead of a freezing cold one. Mr. Heartfilia usually used up all the hot water, leaving the misfortune women with those two options of temperatures.

These accommodations are what they had to deal with something that didn't come to fruition until after Layla died and Jude becoming a cold, hard shell of a man following her death. Before, the maids were treated like family and had their own rooms inside the Heartfilia mansion, but now they were treated like worthless scum and only good for one purpose, keeping the mansion presentable, serving both Lucy and Jude, and being playthings to him. Sad, isn't it?

|VIRGO's POV|
"I wonder if I'll have princess Lucy today or Jude?" I mentally inquired to myself whilst finishing my stretches. I've gotten better at paying attention to my shackles after clonking myself in the head before. Ouch! I can still remember the surging pain in my brain, but over the years I've developed this phase of enjoying pain so call me a masochist if you must.