ⓧ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 // 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠

"I wanna heal, I wanna feelLike I'm close to something realI wanna find somethingI've wanted all alongSomewhere I belong"

Like I'm close to something real
I wanna find something
I've wanted all along
Somewhere I belong"

Somewhere I Belong ~ LINKIN PARK

As Johanna stood in front of the Professor's office, with Logan patiently waiting beside her, she couldn't help but feel as if her breakfast was traveling back up her throat.

Was she making a mistake? Was it too soon to meet with the Professor? Was Johanna even ready? Her hands shaking, Johanna sucked in a quick breath. Closing her eyes, she exhaled slowly. I can do this, she thought —repeating those four words like a mantra.

As if answering her inner fears, Logan gently grasped her hand. "It's just a little talk with Chuck, Darlin'. Nothin' to worry about."

Johanna nodded, smiling softly. Just a little talk with the Professor. No biggie, right? Right?

Knocking on the door, Logan entered first —the Professor greeting Johanna with a warm smile.

"How are you doing today, Johanna?" the Professor asked, placing a brown, leather book back on his bookshelf.

Logan decided to stand near Johanna, sending a quick glare towards a man who had his arms crossed —leaning against the wall near the window. Wearing a dark, navy sweater with khaki pants, the man stood tall, although he was a little shorter than Logan —his light, wavy hair and thick beard neatly trimmed and styled.

After the man glared back at Logan, he focused his harsh gaze on Johanna —who only smiled as she sat down in the seat in front of the Professor's desk.

Who peed in his cereal this morning? Johanna wondered, focusing on his Oakley sunglasses; its ruby lenses extremely vibrant. It was then, that Johanna realized that the very man was none other than the famous Cyclops.

What's his problem?

"I'm, uh... doing alright." Johanna finally replied, mentally punching Scott in the face, before focusing her full attention on the Professor. After a moment, his eyes widened and his lips formed into a tight line; as if trying not to laugh.

Oh, great. Way to make a good impression, genius, Johanna scolded herself. Especially with a freaking telepath!

"Well... I'm sure you have many questions, and I understand that you've recently gone through a lot of stressful events," the Professor began, clearing his throat. "So I want you to know, that, despite not being fully acquainted, you have a room here if you would like to stay. I can assure you, you're safe here, and I —along with the rest of the team— would be more than happy to accept you."