Epilogue

Lauren

It had been two weeks since Phoenix and the other wolves died. Life was slowly returning to normal, well as normal as life could be being the Luna of all packs. After the battle there were days of mourning before the packs began to split up. They were all a little more bonded and a little more cautious.

Quincy had found the letter Phoenix had left and found more information then he knew what to do with. Some of it was her will if she ever died and some was information she had gathered over centuries of living. The last thing she added to the letter was an idea she had come up with while the packs were together.

Quincy,

I have recently had an idea that will spark some interest in the young wolves. With the gathering of the packs I have realized more wolves have found their mates in a short amount of time than we have ever seen. If I do not survive this battle I would like you to initiate with Lauren our first Gathering. I want it to be the one year anniversary of the battle we will face soon as it will be a time of remembrance and joy. I hope you never have to read this but if you do I am sorry.

My heart ached at the loss of my mate. I looked at her portrait the old man had painted of Phoenix.

"I promise I'll find a way back to you too. I love you Phoenix."