Chapter 21 [Brother copy]

I sighed as I tapped my foot impatiently on the white floor of my office. It's been three days since he is gone and here I am sitting with my team with almost no information about where he has gone.

Neither they are able to track him nor the one who cheated us and sold him those papers.

"What are you all doing since three days? You are not able to find single information about a simple person? Who added your name in the best agency even? I just asked you all to find information but you all are not even capable of that." I winced as I lost my cool and shouted.

Immediately guilt consumed me that I shouted on them but my mind let it slide away and focused on more important things.

"Cool down, Caitlyn. They are doing their work and you should not forget about whom we are talking about here. We are talking about Theodore Bradford here and he is not a simple person." Jake explained to me in a soothing voice as if I'm a child.

I'm irritated now.

"That is what I'm trying to say that we are talking about Mr.Bradford here, not any person. And the more late they do, the more chances he will get to get under my skin. Do you even know how I live in that excuse of a house? I live there and I only know what he has done to —" I was shouting madly when my ranting cut off as Jake kept his hand over mouth, suppressing my words and emotions.

I wanted to let it all out. I wanted to feel free. I wanted Drake back. I wanted to do so many things. But what am I doing? Investigating about the most dangerous and rich person of the world. Even more dangerous than mafia.

I glared at Jake as he made no attempt to remove his hand. He shook his head and said, "You are disturbing them, Cait."

He winced as I bit his hand, successing in removing it from my mouth. He glared at me as he shouted, "Are you mad?"

"You are disturbing them Jakey baby." I said sarcastically, mimicking his words and tone.

"I understand, Cait. I understand that you want to escape from his territory as soon as you can but it is not their fault that your husband is such a secret person." He said convincingly.

I was almost convinced with his justification. Almost.

"Did you just say husband?" I asked slowly as I narrowed my eyes and glared at him.

He took a minute to understand what he said and what I am asking from him. His eyes widen as he opened his mouth but then thought to shut it.

"Listen Cait, I am so sorry." he said hastily as he ran away from my cabin. I chased after him but stopped when I heard the investigator calling me.

"Just now, mam, Mr. Bradford's phone location is found in France." He said looking into the screen and typing something.

I looked onto the laptop as it showed his location in East France. But soon it stopped showing location.

I averted my gaze to the investigator as he frantically typed to reconnect to the location but could not.

"He turned his phone off again. This is only what we can find about him. He is a very clever person. He has left no proofs behind of anything. It is hard to find who cheated you, mam. We are still not able to even doubt one person." He said grimly.

I huffed as I looked out of the big glass frame in my cabin. I dismissed him as his work was done. My mood was again the same it has been in these days. Grim and lonely.

Samantha was also shooting for her new movie. She was a famous actress afterall. No one can compare her in Hollywood. She is the queen.

I put of hand on the glass as I saw vehicles running on the road five or six blocks from here. People have to earn hard and daily. They don't have option to to as they wish. And I should be grateful to god for what he gave me.