Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)

My eyes remained fixed on a certain specie. I gulped, feeling the cold air hit my body with furious rolls. I tried and tried and tried to look away but that did not happen. I looked at his whitish tanned skin which had me swooning over him.

His face was covered with a mask and black shades.

I felt an unfamiliar itch in my hand to pull that mask off and shades and look into his eyes. He was perfect, perfect to be called a male. His body muscular but not bulky.It looked like he just came out of a magazine.

His perfect mixture of tanned and fair skin glowed under the sun. His fingers long, hands resembling light gold touched everyone's attention. His black shoes shone under the reflected sunlight, enhancing his aura.

To say he looked intimidating, was the least.

God, why was I engaged already? This was injustice!

"You can't interrupt in between, Sir." I flinched, coming out of my fairy land as host's voice emptied buckets of cold water on me.

It took a complete minute to gauze what just happened. He... he.. chauvinistic son of a blue star.. took my dream house. I slumped back into the chair and looked away from him.

Why was he so keen on buying it?

Fucking thirty million dollars.

"Thirty million dollars," I mumbled to myself, my lips curling into a cruel smirk.

"Thirty million." I scoffed, sharply looking back at the goldy black shoes.

"He is my boss." A voice rung into the air, making me crane my neck as fast as the speed of bullet.

That blue colored coat, spectacles intact crocodile.

Boss, my ass.

"Continuing with bidding. Thirty million one."

I closed my eyes out of frustration, anger and lava boiling inside my heart.

"Thirty million two."

It was just a house.

Yeah, my dream house.

"Thirty million three and sold." As soon as the host's voice echoed again, claps roared in numbers.

Everyone had their gazes set on the new bidder with mask. He pulled off his shades and threw it towards his assistant as he stalked towards the stage with long steps.

Fucking-thirty-shitty-millions.

May he go bankrupt.

I should kidnap him and blackmail him.

I peeked a glance at him again, becoming the talk of town. I lost the bid because of him. I pushed past between the murmurs of the people and tried to listen to his voice. I stood on my toes, checking my phone for any calls.

A message popped from Jake.

'We lost.' I replied back, putting it back inside my jeans.

I was a tomboy who preferred jeans and shorts over long dresses. I sighed roughly and rubbed my face with my hands. Exhaling heavily, I made my way towards the stage. My eyebrows rose in curiosity as I saw the man speaking while the host stuttered visibly.

Who was he actually?

My competitor.

I tried looking at his face but failed as he had face turned other side. His mask was off too by then. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion as host paled and trails of sweat beads marred his forehead.