PART TWO

Frank's Diner? I thought. Suddenly remembering one spooky story that I overheard at my hair salon. An elderly woman told her daughter that the mascot of Frank's Diner is cursed.

She also said that her grandma told her that the original owner was a game hunter. He was driven out of business by his best friend, and crushed by the betrayal. Allegedly, the best friend came up with the idea of a funny grizzly bear for a mascot, and sneakily got him to sign off his share in the business shortly afterwards. On his death bed, Frank cursed the mascot and said that when he least expects it, it will bring him misfortune.

Rolling my eyes, I scoffed at the memory...Oooh! Scaaaary!

I checked the address, brushed my dark brown curls and slipped my petite frame into a yellow jumpsuit. I completed the look with brown sandals. Midnight did not mean that I'd be caught looking like trash. I walked to Frank's Diner without a care in the world.

After all, I wasn't responsible for Frank's misfortune.

It was a cool fifteen minute walk, and I made sure that I stayed on the main road all the way. There were a couple of people on the streets, walking in small groups. They left Halloween parties and drunkenly tumbled into taxis.

When I got to Frank's Diner, I peeked through the window. Fortunately, there was someome behind the cash register. So, I walked in. The wine colored leather seats were arranged in pairs facing big wooden tables with bright orange table cloths. The delicious odor of French fries and barbeque beef was in the air.

To be honest, I noticed that I was the only customer but didn't think twice about it.

The lady at the cash register in a Tinkerbell costume smiled at me.
"What would you like to order?"

I glanced over the menu and smiled back. "A Jumbo Double Beef Burger, with extra cheese and onions would be great."

"Great. Please wait for ten minutes," she said.

"Okay. No problem." I sat down at one of the tables and scrolled through my phone. Shortly afterwards, I felt a cold hand on my shoulder.