40. Let's Talk

Hinata:

Practice came to an end and Hinata looked over to see where Nishinoya and Tanaka were. He quickly made eye contact with the back of Yū's head and saw that both males were left to pick up the gym. Hinata took the opportunity to get changed and fly out the gym.

Once making it to his locker he let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding in. He took out his phone and made sure to send his mother a text.

-hey okaasan. i'm at school, Tobio was feeling better and we both made it back to school today. i hope you have a great day and be safe. love you, i'll see you at home!
(Sent)

He then placed his bag in his locker and began to put things in his book bag for his classes, caught up on the task, he didn't realize someone was coming up behind him.

"Hey."

Startled, Hinata bumped his head on the locker he was half in.

"Son of a bitch." He let out, rubbing his head while he turned around to look up at Kageyama.

Tobio chuckled at the boy's incident before quickly clearing his throat, a small smile remaining on his lips.

"Oh, uh, hey Kageyama, y-you scared me." Hinata admitted.

"Yeah, I, uh, saw that. Sorry. I saw you basically run out the gym. You tryna' hide from Nishinoya and Tanaka?" He asked.

Hinata sighed as he looked down, "Yeah, kinda'. But I know they'll find me sooner rather than later. I just am not prepared for being bombarded with questions for having such a big ass mouth. I'm sorry."

Hinata fiddled with his book bag strap, the sound of other students around them filling the silence between them. He decided to look up at Kageyama, who still was wearing his smile.

"What?" Hinata asked.

"You don't need to be sorry for what happened earlier today. I was just caught off guard really. Regardless it's up to you if you want to tell the two weirdos what happened. I, uh, don't think they're ones to, uh.... judge us." Kageyama answered, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

Hinata stood there quietly as he was a little taken aback by Tobio's somewhat relaxed demeanor.

"Anyways, we should get to class soon. We have first period together anyways, d-do you want t-to walk with me?" Tobio asked nervously, looking anywhere else but Hinata.

He let out a giggle, "Yeah, we can walk together dork."

Hinata's comment only made a small blush creep on Kageyama's face to which Hinata noticed.

"Awh, why is your face pink?" He teased while smiling.

"Yah whatever shrimp. Let's get to fucking class." Kageyama said as he turned to walk towards class.

Hinata laughed and walked close to him as both males made their way to class.

~~~Time Skip~~~

Halfway through the day and the bell for lunch signified the end of current classes.

Hinata collected his things and made his way to the cafeteria. He usually brought something from home but considering that he wasn't at home last night, he didn't bring anything. His stomach growled as the aroma of food reached his nose.

He made his way to see what he wanted. Hinata felt as he was being watched and turned around to see the two people who he had been trying to avoid throughout the today. He made unintentional eye contact with them and both males nearly ran to get to him.