New Additions ~ Family AU

hi lovelies! i've been wanting to do a family au for a while, and decided to make it into a one shot. i hope you like it!

**trigger warning: mentions of abuse, separation anxiety, suicide, ocd, i think that's it**

ages:
harry: 6
niall: 7
zayn: 9
louis: 27
liam: 26

"Lou, can you get the phone please? I'm busy making cookies!" Liam shouted out to his husband of five years.

"Sure, Li!" The older man replied, speed walking over to grab the phone.

It had been a pretty relaxing day for the couple, they had a nice movie day with lots of cuddles. Now it was almost time for dinner and neither were expecting anything eventful to happen. That was, until the phone rang.

"Hello? This is Louis Tomlinson." The man spoke into the phone as he answered it.

"Louis, this is Maya Henry from the adoption agency. Do you have a moment to speak?"

Louis' eyes widened as he motioned to Liam frantically.

"Y-yes, of course. What is it?" He anxiously asked, wanting to know why she is calling.

"We have three boys that are in need of an emergency placement after their current foster home did not work out. Their old foster parents are currently in police custody and these boys have no where to go. We do not have the correct staff to take care of their needs. I understand that you and your husband have been on the list to foster for quite some time, yes?"

"Yes, we have been on the list for quite a while."

"Great, sir. These boys really need a placement as soon as possible. Would you and your husband be able to take the three in?"

"I- All three, wow...I mean- yes, of course! We would love to give them a home. How soon should we expect to pick them up?"

Liam, who hadn't noticed Louis' frantic gesturing, quickly dropped what he was doing upon hearing his husband. It sounded like he was talking about children? Were they finally getting foster children?!

"Yes, all three. They refuse to be separated. It would be best if you could come as soon as possible. They are currently here at the agency but like I said, we are not adequate to take care of their needs. Can you be here in an hour?"

"Yeah, yeah! We can be there in an hour. What um- What exactly are their needs? Is there anything about them we should know?"

"Mr. Tomlinson, each of these boys came from bad homes. All of them have some form of neurological disorder, but we will discuss further when you arrive...That is, if you still want to take them in?"

The woman spoke, sounding quite concerned as she asked her question.

"No, that does not deter us at all. We will see you in an hour, Maya. Thank you so much!"

As soon as Louis hung up the phone, Liam was right in front of him with wide eyes.

"What is it? Do they have a placement for us? Louis, are we getting kids?!" The younger rambled out, flinging his arms out for effect.

"Liam. We're getting kids. Three boys!"

Liam froze before squealing and capturing his shorter husband into a tight hug. "Oh my god, We need to get going! Let's go meet them!"

Louis laughed loudly and nodded, wrapping his arms around the taller's neck.

"Let's go get our kids!"