Sensory Overload~ N.H

Little bit of backstory for this one...Niall is autistic. The boys know and always try their best to keep him safe. He has sensory overload when a group of fans suddenly crowd the boy. Fluff galore and Narry.

Liam Pov.

"-you boys need to keep walking. What if next time there are more fans and you can't just wait it out?"

Ugh.

Modest was giving us a lecture. Apparently we're not supposed to stop and take pictures with fans while we're walking to the hotel. It's so stupid.

We're just being nice. But now we're stuck in a long boring lecture.

I looked over and my band mates. Harry is playing with his rings on his hand, Louis is making funny faces at Paul, and Niall is sitting in his chair half asleep.

"Thankyou boys. We will not tolerate you doing this again. Remember, we have work to do so we will see you in the morning."

Everyone from modest started to leave the room.

"That was a total waste of two hours. It was so boring!" Louis complained.

"They were just doing their job boo." I replied.

"C'mon lets go get some food. I know that Niall is surely hungry. So am I." Harry interrupted our arguing.

"Hazza's right. Let's go to nandos." I told the lads.

Harry walked over to Niall's slumped figure. He carded his hands through the boy's hair. That's how we always wake him up. It keeps him calm and wakes him up slowly.

The blonde sat up and squinted his eyes at me.

"Hey don't give me that look. You're lucky we let you even fall asleep. We're gonna go grab some food. C'mon babe." I softly said while walking over to the two.

Harry and I gently hoisted him out of the chair. We tried to lead him to the door but he refused.

"No." He quietly stated.

"No? No what?" I questioned.

The blonde just leaned back into Harry and shook his head.

"Do you not want to leave or is it something else?"

"Don't wanna go. Wanna cuddle with Nemo."

"How about this, we'll go grab some food, and then we can go back to the hotel and cuddle some? I'll have Paul get the TV set up with Nemo. That sounds good." Harry smoothly replied.

He's really good with Niall. He always knows how to talk to him and can normally see the warning signs of a meltdown. Harry is always the one Niall goes to for comfort.

Niall turned around in Harry's arms. He buried his face into the Cheshire boy's chest. Harry rubbed the Irish lads back softly.

"Let's go Nialler."

Niall turned forwards and started walking to the door. Harry quickly grabbed the boy's hand.

I guess you could say we're a bit protective of him. We just don't like to see our snowflake hurt. It kills me to see him sad.

I follow my band mates out the door, making sure we didn't forget anything. We all get in the car. Luckily, there weren't any screaming fans this time.

~~~~da na na na na na line break~~~~~~~~

Harry Pov.

After we had gotten our food, we decided to go back to the hotel. Louis wanted to go shopping some, but I could tell Niall was getting a bit anxious. I really don't want him to have a meltdown today. The poor kid had one a few days ago.

Currently, we're all sitting in the car. Niall is bouncing his knee up and down anxiously. I cautiously set my hand on his thigh. I know that he doesn't always like touch, but sometimes it comforts him.

Niall flinched and looked up at me. He slowly nodded to let me know that touching him was ok.

The car we were in came to a stop. The driver announced that we were at the hotel. I looked out the window. Oh boy.

There were some screaming girls standing around the car. There wasn't a whole lot of them, but enough to cause panic. We all crawled out of the cramped car.

As we were walking to the hotel door, I felt Niall's hand slip out of mine. I quickly turn around to see a crowd of girls, screaming.

They didn't sound like they were happy though. They were screaming in

F e a r.

I make eye contact with Liam and rush over to the scene. When I got there, I pushed through the wall while Liam yelled at the fans to move.

I saw a small body shaking on the ground. On closer look, I noticed it was Niall. His hands were clutching his ears tightly and his baby blue eyes were shut tight. Salty tears leaked out of his blew eyes like a river.

Quickly, I crouch down and gather the trembling boy in my arms. Niall was humming loudly and slapping his head repeatedly.

"Shit. Liam we need to get him inside. It's too loud out here." I shouted over the screaming girls.

The crowd of bodies dispersed as Louis and Liam shouted at them to move. I pick up Niall and run into the building. Immediately, Niall seems more relaxed. He's not shaking as much and his body isn't as tense.

"Hey Niall. You're ok now. I know, it was really loud out there. Louis went up to grab your headphones and a fidget."

I finally get the boy to stand up on his own without me supporting him. His pale hands are gripped tightly in my own. We make eye contact for a few seconds and all I see is a desperate ask for help in his eyes.

"I know, babe. I know. It's been a rough week hasn't it? Look, here's Louis!" I soothe.

Louis walks behind Niall and gently places the thick headphones over the Irish lads ears.

As soon as Niall is a bit more calm, the boys and I bring him upstairs to our hotel room. The rest of the night is spent watching movies while Niall lays his head on my chest.

A/N: Please leave some requests or ideas in the comments!