July 30th 2016: - Watching Over Me But Not Here With Me (part 4)

I walked into wardrobe with Connor and me and the costume designer looked at the clothes. "This is for... Someone very special that couldn't be here tonight... So I need an outfit that is simple, but still Sydney Kutzin worthy." I smiled and winked at Connor. She smiled and knowing my sizes she picked something out for. She gave me black, bell-bottom, distraught jeans, a black, sparkly crop top shirt with the cut-off short sleeves, a big, statement belt, and tall, black, platform, black heels.

I nodded, because I know exactly what she was thinking. "What?" Connor asked. I chuckled. "What's going on?" He said. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. She handed me the clothes with some silver bangles and I went and got changed.

I came out only about two minutes later and his jaw fell completely opened. "Wow..." He said with my messy long, dirty blonde hair flowing over my shoulders.

"Well? What do you think?" I asked standing with my hands on my hips.

"You look... Amazing." He said. I smiled and walked over to my friend. She sat me down and quickly fixed my make up and my hair.

I looked at my phone and my heart dropped. "I gotta go..." I said. "But..." I run back to her and hugged her. "Thank you." I smiled breaking myself from the hug, but my arms were still around her. We were running outside and I was falling behind Connor because my shoes were too tall and I could barely run in them.

"Here." He said. "Hop on." I looked at him weird, like 'No, you can't'. "Come on, we gotta get you there." He said. So, I hopped on his back, hitched a ride, and he got me there with about three minutes to spare.

I looked at him and smiled. He hugged me and then Justine came behind and said. "Ready?" She asked Connor knowing that I was next. He looked at me. I winked at him. "I think so." He said.

"Justine, I... I'm sorry... I just..." I tried o get out.

"I totally understand... Trust me." she said with her hand over her heart. I hugged her. "Thanks..." I whispered over her shoulder. We broke away from each other and I let go of Connor's hand as walked on stage to announce me again. "How did you like that last band.?" Justine said. I smiled...nervously.

I walked away and went to my bag. I took out my phone and saw supportive text messages from my friends and family. This one was my favorite:

Kian: All though I am only there in spirit, and I can't be there with you in person; I still heard about what happened... About you missing your father and you being upset that her couldn't be here with you.... Just know that I am with you... We both are. I still go back and think about that night in the driveway of the O2L and you sang me that song. I know you that your father would be happy about that song... No, he would be happy for you for everything that you are doing with your life- especially, tonight. And how do I know that? Because I am and I always will be. Love you kid, and go kill it out there... Even more this time. For your father. Make him proud... Even more then he already is<3"

I smiled reading that. I put my phone down and picked up my silver, sparkly microphone and walked over to the entrance to the stage from the left wing. "Well, she is back once more, and I don't think you will mind." Connor said.

"So, please welcome back to the stage... Sydney Kutzin." Justine said. I smile as the walked off the stage. Connor came up to me and kissed me as the stage went pitch black. I smiled not wanting to let go of his hands, but he kissed my head and I walked out on the dark stage. "Hey." I said into the microphone with a quiet guitar playing behind me. "If you have anything sparkly or pretty or bright... Please let me see it, because I hope you don't mind if I slow it down a bit." I continued putting my mic in the stand as the crowd cheered. "Thank you." I said under the bright spotlight. "You see, this next song that I am going to cover is a very important song to me... Because with everything that is happening and my biggest and wildest coming true in, about, the last six months, I know that I will always have..." The band started quietly. "...Someone watching over me." They got louder and the dark audience lit up with cell phones, glow sticks, flashlights, lighters, and anything bright, sparkly, and/or pretty. The intro was coming to a close and I started to sing. "Found myself today. Oh, I found myself and ran away. Something pulled me back; the voice of reason that I forgot I had. All I know is you're not here to say. What you always used to say, but it's written in the sky, tonight." I smiled at the drums played and audience lit up. I took the microphone off the stand and started walking around the stage. I started sing again. "So, I won't give up. No, I won't break down. Sooner than it seem life turns around. And I will be strong, even if it all goes wrong. When I'm standing in the dark, I'll still believe... Someone's watching over me." I smiled into the mic as I saw the lights and shiny things moving back and forth. "Seen that ray of light. And it's shinning on my destiny. And it's shinning all the time. And I won't be afraid to follow everywhere it's taking me. All I know is yesterday is gone, and right now I belong to this moment to my dreams." I continued walking around the stage. I smiled and started right back up singing in front of a wonderful band, beautiful changing backgrounds, and over five thousand of the my good friends. "So, I won't give up. No, I won't break down. Sooner than it seems life turns around, and I will be strong, even it's wrong. When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe... Someone's watching over me." I walked right to the very edge of the stage and touched some fans hands that were reaching out to me.

This is my favorite part...

I started to tear up, but I tried my damn hardest to hold them back. "It doesn't matter what people say, and it doesn't matter how long it takes. Believe in yourself and you'll fly high. And it only matters how true you are. Be true to yourself and follow your heart." I said trying that to make that part of it the strongest. I smiled and broke down right in front of a crowd of five thousand people. "So I won't give up. No, I won't break down. Sooner than it seems life turns around..." I sang, elongating the word 'around'. I walked from the guitarist back to the edge of the stage for a big finish. "And I will be strong, even it all goes wrong. When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe. That I won't give up. No I won't break down. Sooner than it seems life turns around, and I will be strong. Even it all goes wrong. When it all goes wrong. When I'm standing in the dark, I'll still believe... That someone's watching over..." I started walking back to he microphone stand. I put the mic back on it, slowly. "Someone's watching over..." I sang slowing with my hands on the sides of the head of the mic that's in its stand. "Someone's watching over me! Yeah, yeah. Oh, oh..." I sang with the band that had my back the whole song threw... The whole night threw."Someone's watching over me..." I sang ending the song. As the band faded out the crowed cheered louder then ever while I stood there...

And then this happened...