'That's awful.'

"But why would he even do that?" Leila asked.

'Maybe he had other plans for us.'

"Rich people have a tendency to do a lot of shady things." Mina replied.

'It's somewhat sickening, toying with lives like this.'

"But Licht-"

Leila cut herself off as she noticed Ray's grip on the steering wheel tightened. She pursed her lips and didn't say anything more.

'Licht, just who are you?' 

"So, this "Father" could be the owner of the orphanage." Subaru said.

"Most likely." Ray responded.

"Thinking back on it, I can't think of anything suspicious about him." Leila said. "He just seemed like a kind-hearted teacher."

"Looks can be deceiving. Let's just hope we can find some hints at the orphanage." Mina said.

"Yeah." Ray agreed.

****

Not too long after that conversation, Ray stopped the car in front of a mossy gate.

They all stepped out of the car and gathered outside the gates. The structure was pretty much intact on the outside, but the inner structures seemed to be hollowed out.

Leila looked up to see the signage rusted from years of neglect.

"Bluebells..." Leila spoke, her own voice sending a shiver down her spine.

'It's real. We're here.'

"It looks even creepier than in the nightmare." Subaru said.

"Yeah, definitely eerie." Leila agreed.

Nalalie glanced over at the boy.

"Subaru?" She asked.

Subaru stood there, frozen.

"Come on, we don't have all day." Ray said.

But Subaru stayed glued to the ground, an insect hovering around him.

'A bee?' Nalalie thought.

Nalalie heard murmurs, but was unsure where they were coming from. Until she walked past Subaru, who had his eyes closed and was mumbling.

"Go away. Go away. Go away." Subaru chanted under his breath.

The bee circled around Subaru like a vulture.

'Wait... Is he... scared of a bee?'

The bee settled down on Subaru's hair.

"Is it gone?"

Nalalie gently swept the bee off of Subaru's hair and Subaru shivered slightly.

'He's like a scared animal.'

After how dauntlessly he stood before the monster, seeing Subaru afraid of a bee like this was endearing and Nalalie couldn't help but giggle.

"W-What?" Subaru asked, wondering why she was laughing.

"Come on, quit fooling around. We're going." Ray said.

'I've never seen him anxious like this before.' Leila thought.

They all followed Ray through the gates the orphanage. They walked cautiously around the overgrown grounds.

"So, Subaru... You're afraid of bees?" Nalalie asked.