Chapter 1.2: Rewind Stories (Professor Bernet)

The day in Alola has reached it's peak, being noon. Bernet was in the kitchen, making herself and the Pokemon a nice baked lunch. Over in the living room, her little boy slept quietly in his crib with Ash's Rowlet. They looked so cute together!

Her husband's Lucario and Incineroar were sitting by the TV, watching the replay of their battle between their trainer and Alola's champion. His other Pokemon were out and about, doing whatever they do.

When she finally turned on the oven, Lucario slowly got up from its spot and walked out the door. From the sounds of it, seems like it hopped on the roof. When Bernet looked at the fire/dark type, it shrugged.

About twenty minutes passed and Lucario was still outside, which worried the Professor. If she knows anything about Lucario's, they have the ability to sense and use 'Aura,' something that can be found in all living things. Her husband's Lucario doesn't just walk out for no reason like it did...

As she thought this, Rowlet suddenly woke up. Slowly, but gently, it wiggled out of Lei's snuggling. (Doing it's best not to wake him up.) The Grass/Flying also flew outside.

"Rowlet never wakes up from a nap like that..." Bernet said quietly to herself. It didn't take long for her to suddenly see herself, her little boy, and all the Pokemon within this little house of hers on the beach be surrounded in a blue-like energy shield.

An Aura Shield?! Was the last thing before Bernet's eyes closed, bringing her back in time like many others...

~.~.~

The next time Bernet Opened her eyes, she was in an apartment bedroom. This was the place she lived in before she married Kukui...

Everything felt like more-or-less of a dream to her, until she got a text message from Kukui himself. It didn't even take second for her to drop the phone, grab ANY NEAR BY JACKET, and run out the door.

On the screen of the phone, the text message was still open:

I know what you're thinking, but it wasn't a dream...

Your Husband, Kukui