Chapter 9: Jaehyun is sad sad

"Jaehyun-ah, are you okay in there?" Johnny asked. They were the only ones in the bathroom and Jaehyun had locked himself in one of the stalls. There was no reply except sniffling. Johnny sighed but he waited for his friend to come out.

After about 20 minutes, the sniffling stopped and Jaehyun slowly came out of the bathroom looking defeated by his emotions. The corners of his eyes and the tip of his nose were red. The moment he saw Johnny, he started tearing up again and Johnny came and gave him a hug and patted his back.

"I'm sorry," Jaehyun hiccuped as he cried on Johnny's shoulder.

"Hey, stop it. Let it all out. You've bottled up your feelings for years, and the glass finally exploded. It's normal to cry."

"I miss Jungwoo. I thought I could let go, I thought I could move on, but I can't. It hurts too much."

Johnny couldn't say anything. His friend was hurting and he couldn't do anything to help. It didn't help that Jaehyun witnessed Jungwoo being happy with someone else and he did not get closure at all. It was just up to Jaehyun to pretty much "get over it". But how?

Jaehyun was exhausted from crying and just wanted to sit down and get some air. Johnny stayed by him the whole time.

"I've thought about it and I think there's only one thing we can do to make you feel better," Johnny said.

"What is it?" Jaehyun said exhaustedly as he sighed.

"The only way you can get closure is for you to have an answer. But you don't want to talk to him. I will ask Mark to ask him about you privately and I will let you know what he says."

"I'm scared."

"It's okay. It'll all be better soon," Johnny said as he patted Jaehyun's back. There was a faint crowd cheering in the back. "Hey drink some water. People are going to come out soon."

Johnny knew Jaehyun needed to protect his image. He gave him a water bottle he had ready for Jaehyun. Jaehyun gulped it down, pressed the cold water bottle to his eyes and cheeks to calm the redness from crying. He cleared his throat and rolled his shoulder to loosen himself up. He faked a smile to loosen his face muscles.

People started rolling out of the auditorium. The annual school festival was over.

"Can I stay at your house today? I can't be alone today," Jaehyun asked Johnny.

"Sure, no problem but isn't Jeno at your house? Don't you have to go to your house anyways?"

"I can ask Doyoung if he is okay with Jeno staying over today. It's Friday, so I can drop Jeno off tomorrow. My mom is obsessed with Jeno, she even made him his own room at my house."

Soon after the crowd dispersed and everyone was slowly going home, Doyoung finally met up with Jaehyun and Johnny. Taeyong was following Doyoung.

"Jaehyun, are you feeling okay?" Doyoung asked as he put his hand on Jaehyun's arm. Taeyong eyes widen as he pushed between the two and stood between them.

Jaehyun could only nod. "Doyoung, will it be okay if Jeno stays at my house for the night? It's kind of late and I don't plan on going home today, I'm going to stay at Johnny's for the weekend. I can have Mr.Suh to drop off Jeno tomorrow morning."

Although Doyoung wanted Jeno to come home because maybe he might be scared not being with his hyung, but he knew the situation Jaehyun was in . As long as Jeno was comfortable at the house, he was fine.

"First of all, why is Jeno at Jaehyun's house? Tell him to come to my house. I'll go pick him up right now!" Taeyong bursted with jealousy knowing the fact that Jaehyun knew Doyoung's precious brother before him.