Chapter 7: Taeil's House

They went back to school and everything seemed to be normal again. Jaehyun was just his usual perfect self, Taeyong was still bothering Doyoung for his attention and Johnny was just being cool.

Doyoung, Jaehyun and Taeil had finally finished the lyrics to the track that Taeil produced. All that was left was recording, putting final touches and practicing it for the performance.

"I have a recording studio at my house, so come over today," Taeil said.

"Can I come with my little brother? I need to go pick him up..."Doyoung asked. He always was thinking of Jeno first.

"Yeah sure," Taeil said. "I'm just super awkward around little kids so don't mind me if I get awkward."

After school, Taeil gave Jaehyun his address and drove off. Jaehyun and Doyoung rode in Jaehyun's car to pick up Jeno.

"Thanks for always helping me pick up Jeno," Doyoung said.

"It's not a problem at all! My mom misses Jeno, she tells me to bring you guys over more often."

They parked in front of Jeno's school to pick him up.

"Bye Jaemin!" Jeno waved bye to his friend.

"I want to play with you longer!" Jaemin pouted.

Jaehyun and Doyoung approached the kids. "Jeno, tell your friend next time you guys can play at Hyung's house," Jaehyun said.

"Jaehyun Hyung!" Jeno hugged Jaehyun when he saw him. Then he ran over to Jaemin. "My Hyung said you can come play with me at Hyung's big house next time, so don't be sad!"

"Promise?"

They did pinky promise as Jaemin got on the school bus and Jeno held hands with both Doyoung and Jaehyun and walked to Jaehyun's fancy sports car.

"Who is that Jeno?" Doyoung asked.

"That's my friend Na Jaemin! We play with each other every day!"

"Oh cool! He seems like a very nice friend," Jaehyun said. "He can come over any time to Hyung's house to play okay?"

"Okay Hyung! Are we going to Hyung's house today?"

"Today we are going to a different Hyung's house today. His name is Taeil Hyung."

Jaehyun drove towards Taeil's house. Although not as big at Jaehyun's it was pretty massive as well. Taeil had already parked at his driveway and was chilling outside on the front porch waiting for them. His house was a traditional Korean style mansion. It looked absolutely beautiful with a garden outside.

"Oh you guys are here!" Taeil said smiling as he got up from the bench

"Hyung, this house is so amazing. Totally my style!" Doyoung said as he looked amazed. "I can't believe you have a recording studio in here."

"Yeah, the outside is traditional but the inside is more modern," Taeil said. "Hi, you must be Jeno!"

"Annyeonghaseyo," Jeno bowed politely.

"Do you want to play in the back yard with the puppy?"

"Yes!"

"But you have to finish all your homework first before," Doyoung said sternly.

"Mr. Lee will help you with your homework," Taeil said as he called over his butler. "Get him something to eat too."

"Yes sir," the old butler said.

Does everyone have a butter at this school? Doyoung thought.

"You guys follow me to the recording studio."

Jaehyun and Doyoung followed Taeil inside the massive wooden house. After passing a couple rooms, they got to the music room that had a studio inside of it.

"Wow! You have literally every instrument known to man!" Doyoung exclaimed.

"My parents own a record label. I only know how to play the piano, violin, trumpet, clarinet, and trombone."

"That's... like practically the entire orchestra."

"Alright, let's just get straight into it. Taeil said as he sat down in front of the recording monitor. Warm up your voices and we'll start recording session in like 20 minutes. We have water in that mini fridge so grab any you want."

The three of them warmed up their voices and mouths with vocal exercises.

After 20 minutes, Doyoung was up first. It was the first time singing in front of people. He was nervous. He wasn't sure if he was good or not because he's never got feedback.

"Are you ready?" Taeil asked through the microphone.

Doyoung gave a thumbs up through the glass inside the recording room. Jaehyun sat next to Taeil.

Doyoung exhaled. He closed his eyes to feel the emotions of the song. About his longing to have a good dream.

The music started playing and Doyoung started singing his part.

"Wow Doyoung, your voice is very nice, that was perfect!" Taeil said when he was done with his verse.

"Thank you.." Doyoung said shyly.

"Okay, let's record the rest of your verses and it can be Jaehyun's turn."

After a whole day of recording, Doyoung found out that he was actually a good singer. Jaehyun had a nice smooth deep voice and Taeil was just natural talent. They drank so much water because of the amount of singing they did.

"We got a lot done today! Let's do the other half next week so practice," Taeil said.

"Thank you Taeil, this was actually really fun," Doyoung said as they walked back out to the main entrance. Taeil asked one of the housemaids to get Jeno from the back yard. Jaehyun drove them back home.

After a whole week of recording and editing the track, they were finally finished. They practiced the song all together and it was finally time for the school festival. 

-----

a/n: short chapter...