chapter 3

chapter 3
dez point of view

"I am glad your staying with us" Clara's mom, Anna, says to me.

"I'm glad your letting me stay" I say meekly. Maybe I should introduce myself better, my name is Dez worthy. I'm 19 and have red hair and blue eyes. I used to live in New York City but came down to Florida to live with my cousins. I guess I didn't have the best life, due to bullying and other events. I do miss New York, the smell, my apartment, my best friend James, and on top of all that, film school. I really miss that. It's my passion. But I don't miss it ... Just because of things I'd rather not bring up.

As long as things go better here and if I focus on what I need to do, I should be fine. I don't have time to worry about new relationships and friendships. But maybe I should do something more with my life besides studying and throwing up food.
I decide to ask Clara.

"Hi Dez. What's up?" She asks me as I walk into her room.

"U-um. nothing but I have a question. What should I do with my free time, since I don't have much to do?"

She thinks about it for a moment, then her face lights up like a Christmas tree, "you should learn to roller skate!"

"What?" I ask going instantly pale.
The thought never crossed my mind before.

"C'mon it'll be fun! You could take me to my lessons, and then after mine you can take yours!" Clara screeches in excitement, "so it's it a yes or a no?!"

"Um.."

"Don't be shy! You're doing it!" She says and runs down the stairs to tell her mom.

This is overwhelming. I'm not good with people. I am too annoying. I always say the wrong thing and I'm clumsy! I can't...

"You can Dez, you didn't even try yet" my sub-conscious tells me.

I sigh, what am I getting myself into?