chapter six

um idek, but hey it's sweater weather ;);)

tuesday, february 16
new orleans, louisiana
third person pov

Stiles very carefully picked out the most inconspicuous clothes he could find, a black t-shirt with a grey zip up hoodie and jeans. He slid a pair of sunglasses up the bridge of his nose as his fingers fiddled with the ring around his finger.

His daylight ring had always been a topic of curiousity, but he had simply said that his mother had given it to him when he was a child. It wasn't necessarily untrue, just not the mother people thought.

Anytime someone had asked to touch or hold the ring he had to shake his head and fish for a subject change since he couldn't just take it off. Now it's not that he would die, no, an Original could survive in the sunlight, but it's just not entirely a pleasant experience and would be pretty obvious.

Oh hey, that person is burning in the sun, he seems completely normal and human.

Yeah, no.

Stiles scoffed and shoved his hands in his pockets, shuffling behind Scott and Allison, Isaac and Malia arguing from behind him. Lydia stood next to him, her head buried into a book about the founding of New Orleans. It was probably an attempt to learn more about the mysterious Originals, that were rumored to have founded the city and were currently their biggest threat.

Stiles was just glad that it took attention off the deadpool. He had a chance of getting through New Orleans unscathed, but if they unlocked the third list, he was screwed.

"Wow, look at that!"

Stiles glanced up to see Allison staring at a little shop in the French Quarter, her eyes filled with wonder. Stiles looked at the shop, it was small, cute, and something about it felt utterly off. He heard Scott say, "Yeah, okay, Ally, we can go."

He tried to shove down the unease rising in his belly, but it just wouldn't go away, so briefly he thought about suggesting they spend their free time to get some good food, cause he was starving.

But he just shrugged and followed them inside, making sure to crack a sarcastic joke about something.

The inside of the shop was quaint, much like the outside, and Stiles felt his nose wrinkle at the indiscernible scent that grated against his senses. None of the others seemed to notice, so it must've been to weak for wolf noses.

"Hi, welcome in!"

A small, petite woman stood behind the counter, a large smile on her face, "How can I help you?"

Stiles scanned the contents of the shop, while Allison politely told the owner, Carrie, that they were tourists and just looking around. He stopped in front of a rack of herbal teas, his eyes catching on one that read, 'Bloodrose and vanilla.'

"Would you like to try some?"

Stiles didn't jump at the suddenness of Carrie's voice, just turned calmly and smiled, "Oh no that's okay. Thank you though, ma'am."

The woman, who was at least a foot shorter than Stiles, smiled, "Oh it's no problem, hon, I have a pot of the 'Bloodrose and Vanilla' brewing right now."

Turning on the charm over the jeepers he was getting from the shop owner, Stiles grinned, "Can't turn that down, now can I?"

A little cup with steaming liquid was handed to him, and as he reached for it, he saw the shopkeeper's eyes fixate on his ring. Another roll of anxiety hit him with the gaze and he had to fight not to stiffen.

God fucking dammit. If I just got made my first day in New Orleans, I'm gonna...

"Hey, Stiles, buddy, ready to go?"

Allison was halfway out the door, apparently satisfied with the time in the store, Lydia was already waiting outside and Isaac and Scott were waiting for him.

"Yeah, coming, Scotty."

He stuffed his hand back in his pocket and stared down at Carrie, "Thanks for the offer."

Turning, Stiles followed his pack out the door, "Where's Malia?"

"Something about some hot french guy," Lydia muttered, waving a hand in the direction the werecoyote had gone. Stiles followed the motion of her hand and froze, Malia was talking to a vampire.

The daylight ring on his hand that was shamelessly brushing across her waist made that much obvious. ShitShitShit.

"Hmm," Stiles pulled up his hood, and kept his other hand in his pocket, the ring out of sight, "Let's get out of here? Someone get her, I'm starving."

Scott sent Isaac, who grumbled the whole way over, not that Stiles was supposed to hear it. Once Malia had rejoined, boastfully showing everyone the number of the hot guy. When Stiles bumped into her later, his hand sneaking into her pocket, he made sure that she would conveniently lose the number which "fell" out of her pocket.

They ate a late lunch before going back to check in with Coach who was yelling at Greenberg when they got to the hotel. Stiles put on Star Wars while Lydia once again broached the subject of the deadpool.

Stiles couldn't bring himself to care as the subject continued and the Originals were brought up. He just couldn't as he lay there with his eyes closed, the Imperial March playing in the background, he had survived day one, which meant one thing:

Still a week left to die.

—————

not me saying that i'll update every other week and then just disappearing again lmao.

i'm sorryyyy

i hope this update is satisfactory, it's pretty short but i like it.

friendly reminder: KILL ALL MEN. VOTE (not for trump tho). BLM. LGBTQ. 

thank you :)

you are bloody fantastic and thank you so much for reading this story, i know my updating can be disappointing, just bust my butt in the comments and i'll get one out.

so yeah :)

kill me please before school does!!! also JARED IS ON MY NERVES AGAIN

big surprise there tho so lmao

ilyilyilyilyilyilyilyilyily

your loser,
;)
thezqueen