⚠Abuse Warning⚠

My sister, Kai, came up to me.

" Hey, can you cover me? I'm just going to a party with a couple of my friends and Shawn." Shawn was her crap boyfriend that just used her for sex, but she was blind to it. I've tried to reason with her and to stop her from doing drugs but it's of no use. She's never listened to me and she never will...

" Why? You know how I feel about Shawn and your friends," I said with a disapproving look.

" Look, we'll be fine, all's well that end's well and whatnot," she said, rolling her eyes, " Just keep your mouth shut and I'll keep mine shut about that money you're hiding in the ceiling light." She smirks at me, running out into her boyfriend's car that just drove up, leaving me shocked.

If my parents ever found out about the money I was hiding, then my dream would be over and I would be beaten. I shuddered at the thought and ran to hide my money in a different place before my parents got home.

When I thought that Kai was just naive about what she was doing, I was soon disappointed by what she had become. The people you hang around alters your personality as it did to Kai. I can't do anything about her situation now. But I can do something about mine.

I startled when I looked at the time. My mom would be home soon. I was so rushed to grab my stuff and get out the door, I didn't notice the figure in the doorway when I ran through it and I fell to the ground.

I froze, fear paralyzing me.

" Where do you think you were going, brat?" my mother snarled at me and I was suddenly yanked up from the ground by my forearm.

" I-I'm s-sorry," I stutter as I'm whipped around to face her, her face contorted in fury.

She curled her hand into a fist and drew it back. Squeezing my eyes shut, I braced myself for the pain that would soon follow. I gasped as she punched me in the face and threw me to the floor. I hit my head against the corner of the wall and felt blood seep down my face and the back of my neck. I tried curling into a ball but it was of no use.

She kicked my stomach repeatedly, my ribs feeling as though they were breaking. She yelled at me, her words unintelligible because of the ringing in my ears. I tried to keep my sobs in, tears flowing down my cheeks as she gripped my hair and slammed my head against the wall over and over.

After what seemed like forever, she threw the last kick at me and walked away, leaving me bleeding and sobbing on the floor. 

What I would give to get out of here.