12

"I got no use for moonlight
or sappy poetry."

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKIN' KIDDING ME

"YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKIN' KIDDING ME."

Eloise and Bentley stared at the notice on the common room wall that had been put up overnight.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC
Dolores Jane Umbridge (High Inquisitor) has replaced Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-eight.
Signed: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister for Magic

"This is insane." Bentley said as they left the common room. "I wasn't Dumbledore's biggest fan but... I'd rather have him than this lunatic. Did you hear what happened last night? Potter got accused of running some kind of group. An army. ...Did you know anything about that?"

"No idea." Eloise lied. She walked a little faster to her classes than usual.

Eloise cornered Harry that afternoon at lunch, demanding to know what happened last night. Harry pulled her down, shushing her as people turned to look at the loud Slytherin girl. Eloise sat across from them, the small flutter in her stomach was certainly there when Ron smiled in greeting at her. But there were more important matters to be discussed. Harry told her the story of how Dumbledore had overcome two Aurors, the High Inquisitor, the Minister for Magic and his Junior Assistant to escape.

"Well fuck." Eloise said. "What now?"

The others just looked at her.

"We're trying to figure that out now." Hermione replied. "For now, keep your head low."

"Gotcha." Eloise nodded as the twins sat down on either side of her.

"Morning madame president," George said. "Fancy seeing you at this table."

"Would you rather me sit with the Inquisitorial squad?" Eloise glanced over at the Slytherin table where Malfoy and the others were sitting and showing off their shiny badges.

"God no," Fred glared in the same direction. "We're growing tired of them already."

"Yeah, Montague tried to do us during break," said George.

"What do you mean, "tried"?" said Ron quickly.

"He never managed to get all the words out," said Fred, "Due to the fact that we forced him head-first into that Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor."

Eloise laughed and high fived the twins but Hermione looked appalled.

"But you'll get into terrible trouble!" She hissed.

"Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him," said Fred coolly. "Anyway... we've decided we don't care about getting into trouble any more."