6

"When you're stuck in the muck you'll be fine
You'll erase any trace of decline"

"When you're stuck in the muck you'll be fine You'll erase any trace of decline"

"PSSST."

Eloise was stirring her potion when Ron slid a paper towards her, eyes on Snape. She looked at him quizzically and he just gestured for her to read it. Peeking over her shoulder to make sure Snape wasn't watching, she opened it.

Harry is going to be teaching his own defense classes. I know you're as fed up with Umbitch as we are so you should come.
During the Hogsmede trip, go to the Hogs Head. We're having a meeting.
Hermione said to get rid of this note so no one else reads it so eat it or something.

Eloise glanced up at Ron who was watching her expectantly. She nodded and gave him a thumbs up. He smiled and went back to making his potion. (Making it wrong. he put in too much knotgrass and made the whole room smell.)

Eloise thought it was a great idea. Harry had more experience than anyone she knew. He'd be a much better teacher than Umbridge.

The day of the Hogsmede trip came faster than Eloise thought. It was exciting. Ilvermorny never did things like this. They were never allowed off school grounds. Now there was a whole town for her to explore. After the meeting of course. But first, she had to get rid of Bentley. Luckily, she knew a good way how.

"I'm meeting up with some Gryffindors to eat." She said as they walked into the town. "You wanna come?"

"Hell no." Bentley replied. "I'll be at Zonkos if you need me. Have fun."

Bentley ruffled her hair before walking off in the opposite direction. That was easy. Eloise looked around and frowned. She had no clue where the Hog's Head was. She forgot to ask.

Eloise wound up wandering around. It was a cute little town. It reminded her of places her mother used to take her on vacation. Quaint towns were a guilty pleasure of her mother's. She had always said if they didn't live in the city, thats where they would be. Of course, she had several houses in towns like these all over the country.

After what seemed like forever, Eloise finally found the Hog's Head. It didn't look very appealing from the outside, but thats where Ron told her to go. She opened the door to find a lot of people already there.

But as soon as she stepped through the door, talking seemed to stop. All eyes were on her.

"Yo," Eloise took off her gloves awkwardly. "Sorry I'm late. No one really gave me directions and I've literally never been to Hogsmede so..."

Harry, Ron, and Hermione all smiled at her. The others not so much. They stared and whispered behind their hands.

"Er," A Hufflepuff boy spoke up. "Who invited a Slytherin?"

"I did." Said Ron defensively. "You got a problem with that?"

"Yeah actually," The boy replied. "How do we know she won't rat us out?"