48

"This time we're in it to stay
Think about seizing the day"

"This time we're in it to stayThink about seizing the day"

IT WAS DARK.

Eloise stumbled when she landed, falling to her knees with heavy breaths. She was still wearing the wedding dress. It was now ripped in places and spotted with dirt and her own blood. The veil was ripped as well, now sticking through her hair in jagged strands. Her body was covered in cuts from the glass of the window she had thrown herself out of. They stung but she ignored the pain, standing up shakily and looking around to where she ended up.

The only light was coming from a nearby window. It illuminated the street and as her eyes adjusted, she realized exactly where she was.

Hogsmede.

Why the hell was she brought here of all places. She assumed she wound end up at Bennet Mansion or the Burrow or even back in New York. But Hogsmede had been the very last place on her mind. It was too close to Hogwarts, wasn't it too dangerous?

Eloise almost rolled her eyes at herself. Dangerous. Thats the reason she was brought here. If her friends survived of course they would choose to go to where all the danger is.

Before Eloise could take another step, alarms went off. She jumped in surprise. There was shouting in the distance. Eloise looked around wildly. What the hell was going on? Whatever it was, it couldn't be good.

"What are you doing just standing out here?!"

Eloise whipped around, wand at the ready. Standing in a doorway was a very disgruntled looking old man.

"...What?" She stared at him.

"Well don't just gawk at me there like a fool!" He snapped. "Get in here! Quickly, before they see you."

Eloise didn't have to be told twice. She pushed past the man and into the house. He shut the door behind them and moved the curtain to look out the window before turning back to her.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked. "Don't you know how stupid it is to be spotted after dark young lady? If those Death Eaters don't get you, the dementors will. And- what are you wearing?"

Eloise looked down at her ruined wedding dress and then back up. She caught a glimpse of herself in a broken mirror. Her hair was wild, her makeup was smudged and running, dried blood from her nose was plastered down her front, and she was covered in cuts and scrapes from the glass. She looked like a killer bride from a horror movie. Eloise looked back at the old man.

"It's a really long story." She said.

"A long story." He repeated with a shake of his head. "How many of you kids do I have to pull in here tonight?"

"Sorry if I'm being rude." Eloise huffed. "But who the hell are you?"

"Sit." The man pointed towards a shabby table. "You look like death."