𝟏𝟐. / 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭

          THE SILENCE FELT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN was just as intense as the atmosphere felt in the small motor boat lost at sea

          THE SILENCE FELT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN was just as intense as the atmosphere felt in the small motor boat lost at sea. Neither of the four teens dared to say a word and break the sound of nothing, as they were all lost in thought.

For Sarah and John B's case, it was a big fear come true — they were back where they had started. Possibly lost, possibly dead. The sun started to set in the horizon and even the male's handy sense of direction saw his task get harder by the decrease of sunlight. He knew where to go and that place called for him.

Usually the loudest of the pack, JJ had spent the past two hours which felt like four, staring straight at his toes. He'd occasionally help John B if something was needed with the boat, but other than that he retrieved to the left back corner of the boat he had claimed as his thinking spot.

And Stella had said little to nothing ever since leaving her home back in the island. The place she knew best from her childhood where she had created the most memories that she now had to leave in a matter of minutes. It was a very harsh concept to grasp and although her mouth was shut, her mind ran a thousand miles.

"What-" her raspy voice broke the now comforting silence, causing the three sets of eyes to glance her way, whilst hers still focused on feet, chin resting in her knee "what did they tell you in that phone call?"

The question was clearly directed at the blonde Maybank boy to her left, who she looked to once she finished her question. He looked between her, his palms and the ocean, just as if he had forgotten how to form a sentence during the time he had spent silent.

"Pope... he just found some information during the investigation."

"So serious that we had to leave in a matter of seconds?"

"Well that was not in my plans. I was not expecting the attack on Frank" he paused at the mention of the older man's name, afraid it would cause the wrong reaction "-neither of us were."

"What did he find, though?"

JJ looked at John B before proceeding, unsure at how he'd manage to express something this tough. "He -says the gold is being hidden in the island, as we figured, because... Ward has been complying with a someone here."