𝟏𝟎. / 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥

          "THAT WAS QUITE A PLAN

"THAT WAS QUITE A PLAN."

The brunette followed her eye-roll with a chuckle at Sarah's comment. It was bright and early and for some reason, both teens were so energetic that their bedsheets couldn't hold them still any longer. The pontoon in the Clemont's backyard was the place of election for a morning daze lost in conversation.

A gleaming pink tonality shone upon the two girls who were now on their backs, reminiscing on last night's events with the sunrise as an illustration.

"A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do."

"If that's what you want to call it."

"I saved our asses!"

"Stella, you truly are such a team player." Sarah squinted her eyes ironically as their gazes met.

Once the laughing caused by last night's scandalous decoy settled down, Stella leaned in on her elbow to face the dirty-blonde. "Frank may be several things, but gullible isn't one. Words wouldn't have meant anything to him."

Re-focusing on the sun's horizon embrace, the conversation swirled around the most diverse subjects. From an outside perspective, you'd assume the two had been long-date friends by the naturalness that guided their topics and bond that had developed over the course of a week and two days.

The energy of an early dawn insomnia intwined perfectly with husky morning voices and laze. That kept them occupied for part of the morning, but soon enough they were joined by the two boys. John B, who lively chatted the teens after a morning dive, was followed by a sleepy eye-rubbing shirtless JJ which avoided any type of sass and sarcasm for the time being.

"You really didn't sleep?" John B questioned the two, as he sat behind Sarah embracing her in his arms from behind.

"How could we, after last night?" The Cameron girl turned, pecking his lips.

Stella looked down at her cuticles, avoiding the presence of the fourth member in the group, but once her eyes looked up, she met his gaze and he simply nodded, still stretching in the midst of a yawn.