"You get it now," James agreed.

"How many students do you think have shagged in there?" Fred wondered thoughtfullly.

"I ran into four couples last year," Thomas shuddered at the memory, shutting his eyes to wish the image away. "Steve Addler really loved inviting people over, the git. Thank Godric he graduated."

"And those are only the times you caught him, aye," Fred added, nodding to his own remark. "Look, people already love bathrooms, that must be like, a huge fantasy, you even have the huge tub to swim in. It's filthy, for sure."

Lucy let out a quiet laugh at the comment, continuing to eat away at her apple, make sure to pay enough attention to the chat (it was an interesting one, no doubt of that). However, another side of her was questioning why in the world would James not write to his parents about getting to lead the Quiditch team. There could be the chance he was messing around– yes, that was probably it, or just didn't want to make a huge deal of writing to mummy and daddy, she wouldn't want to, either. Asides the fact that she very outwardly expressed she wanted a letter from her Dad that day.

"Oh, the amount of times I've looked at the map and saw two people getting all too familiar," James scoffed, raising his eyebrows. "Which, talking about the map, I—"

"Good morning, you four!"

"Merlin fuck!" James involuntarily exclaimed, clutching his chest as he turned to look at the source of the voice. "Hannah, be a dear, will you? Don't sneak up on people like that," It wasn't quite Hannah by herself that caused the fright, but the fact that he was talking about the Marauder's Map, and that someone external to them could've been attentive enough to hear.

"My apologies, James," She chuckled, giving him a pat on the back. Rare would be the day to see Hannah not smiling, long, wavy brown hair casually falling far past her shoulders, as if she'd just walked out of a movie set. Certainly, it didn't look as marvellous when she woke up in the morning, Lucy would know, sharing a dormitory could give a lot of perspective, the real mystery was how she made it so nice everyday– with a lot of determination, perhaps.

"Morning, Hannah," The remaining three chorused, with almost identical small, yet friendly smiles.

"Just dropped by to tell you congratulations on getting team captain—"

"There was no better fit," James sent an obnoxious wink Fred's way, which he responded to by gently holding up his middle finger.

"–and, Tom, today's our patrol day," Hannah finished, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"On a Friday?" At his terrible attempt of hiding how miserable the idea sounded, Lucy and Fred had to snicker.

"Oh, sorry, would you like to move it?" Hannah said.

"That'd be gre–"

"I was of course, being sarcastic," She smiled playfully, ruffling his hair. "See you tonight," She added, skipping by the other end of the Gryffindor table.

"How you got made Prefect, is a mystery to me," James expressed, rolling up his parchment, and shutting the ink vial. "A most convenient mystery," He beamed as the intrigue crossed his friends' faces, his crooked smile could've been handed to him directly from the James Potter that had run the school's corridors, all those years ago. "There's only one flaw to the map, that it doesn't show the Room of Requirement."